Producers that sell their tunes on iTunes, etc

Simply D.

Polysonic
Do you guys actually make money?

I'm not specifically asking how much, but do people actually buy your tracks?

It seems like, with all of the pirating and whatnot that goes on, nobody would make any money doing that.

Do you guys sell your tracks on vinyl as well?

i heard figures that out of 11.000.000.000 songs that are put on itunes each year, only 2billion sell a single unit ;)

get better with your production, sort you out an established label and everything will be fine ;)

there has been some interesting posts on sales stats on this forum recently, i would suggest having a look at them.

it does appear that the D&B market is so saturated now that figures are about 10x less than they peaked at 7/8 years ago.

releasing drum and bass now is never going to make you rich unless you get a MDZ/Hospital style operation running - and even then
you'd be better off on a decent salaried office job.

you do it for the love not the money i'm afraid.

there has been some interesting posts on sales stats on this forum recently, i would suggest having a look at them.

it does appear that the D&B market is so saturated now that figures are about 10x less than they peaked at 7/8 years ago.

releasing drum and bass now is never going to make you rich unless you get a MDZ/Hospital style operation running - and even then
you'd be better off on a decent salaried office job.

you do it for the love not the money i'm afraid.

Always what i've said from the start ^_^

But all the non-Hospital, healthy ppl like us (if you will), make at least some money right?

Like I'm not saying make a living doing it, but like a few dollars on the side?

It will only sell if someone has heard of you. Make good tunes, promote them like a mad man and then people will buy them

and when you get to labels, they'll politely refuse to pay most of the time! but what you look for is the promotion :)

Try and get your tunes on heavily subscribed dnb specific youtube channels.

Channels like neurofunkgrid for example will post any DECENT neurofunk dnb they find/is given to them.

For example, dude i know produced this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7t58paJEeY

8000 views on a vid that wouldnt have got much exposure at all without neurofunkgrid cant be sniffed at.
Sick track though =P.

you dont realise how long it takes to get the money from the stores tho.. This is why payments are like twice a year. If your lucky. If you wanna be come rich, don't make music.

^^ Yeh go fit some boilers if you want the doh! Haha :lol:

I want the Doh ;D

homer-simpson.jpg

Back
Top Bottom