Producers Submit Your Demos For New Drum and Bass Label

Surplus

Hi guys,

I am starting a new label in 2015, I have signed some really good tracks from 3 really talented up and coming producers and Bcee has agreed to do a remix of the debut release. I am also in discussions with BTK, Serum and Physics about remixing further releases. Upon agreeing terms with these guys I will make an official announcement.

So the initial format will be to release a track by an up and coming artist with a remix by an established producer. Each single or EP release will feature at least one remix or track from an established producer.

So I'm looking for new artists, so can you please send me your demos. For now you can follow me on Soundcloud and then send me a link to your private or public track. The label will be called Soul Trader and we will also release the more Tech stuff under Hard Soul, the website and social media sites will be up in the coming weeks with preview of forthcoming releases, i will post links when they are complete. So if you want to get signed on a label and get your track remixed by a major producer get in touch. My contracts are very fair and flexible so it's all easy, simple and transparent.

To submit demos follow me on Soundcloud and then send me a link to your track. Here is my Soundcloud page, I promise to listen to all tracks and initially give feedback to all who submit demos, I will aim to continue to do this, assuming that I don't receive 100's of demos, in which case I will promise to listen to every track. If you could limit it to your 2 best tracks per month that would be good as it will means I will be able to come back to everyone.:

https://soundcloud.com/surplus1

This is my personal page, I will post the new link for the labels site in the coming weeks but in the meantime this will do.

Wishing you all an amazing 2015, hope it's a good one for all and I hope to work with some of you in the New Year.

Peace and Love

- - - Updated - - -

Just agreed the remix with Bcee, he will be remixing his favourite track from a selection of the tracks I have signed so there is still a chance if you get me your music over in the next few days to get on the first release with a BCee remix on the flip. For those of you who aren't familiar with him he owns Spearhead Records which Hybrid Minds are signed to and he's made some really cool music, just search him on google or Soundcloud or search Spearhead records. So please get your demos in ASAP as I need to send him the music by the latest the 4th.

Just wondering what kind of genre they prefer to remix. I got one new tune that is a bit techy neurofunk and honestly the bass in this one is really horrible. Then I got one pretty good liquidish track where the only complaint is to beef up the drums and bass. Also I am sure if I send them project files to play with they will be fairly happy haha. Then I got tons of unreleased stuff/projects in progress that a little remind of BCee's casual dnb so I think he might be interested to work with these projects but as they are not finished/released... Also big ups for your label idea, I really like the concept! :)

Easy bro, I will have a lot of artists doing remixes so send me over the tracks on Soundcloud please, will give the a listen and thanks for the support. Peace

Thanks Al, liked your tunes. Keep em coming and hold of giving them away this time!!
Anyway we've just got the BCee remix back on Audio Sketch's tune Resolution and it's great, loving it.
have also signed two great tracks from K-i and fellow DOA member Grammer, and I love both these tracks, so if you've got some love to give please show it to these guys:
https://soundcloud.com/soul-trader-records/k-i-my-whole-world-coming-spring-2015
https://soundcloud.com/soul-trader-records/grammer-the-anthem-part-1-clip
We are live on face, soundcloud, twitter and the web www.soultraderrecords.com
So show us some love!!

I just finished an extended promo mix for the label, show casing 90% of the music I've signed, plus a couple of recent tunes I'm feeling just to make it flow, it includes the unmastered version of the Bcee mix of Resolution (I will be putting up a clip of this in a few days once I have the final version back), the Physics remix of my track Space Cadet, and also a couple of tracks from fellow forum regulars Grammer and Chewy Jet Pack, whose tracks actually bookend the mix. Think this gives people a good idea of what we are about and aiming for:
www.soundcloud.com/soul-trader-records/soul-trader-dub-mix-jan-2015-dj-surplus-podcast
This is a track list:
1. Grammer - The Anthem Part 1 (Soul Trader Dub)
2. Breaks - Strictly Entertainment (Playaz)
3. AudioSketch - Resolution (BCee Soul Trader Dubplate Remix)
4. Inside Info - The Plains (Viper Recordings)
5. K-i - My Whole Word (Soul Trader Dub)
6. Psidream - Skin Return (Dutty Audio)
7. Sarscen - Breathe (Hard Soul Dub-plate)
8. Cold Ward - Trait (Hard Soul Dubplate)
9. Scifa - Construct (Hard Soul Dub)
10. Cold Ward - T Sync (Hard Soul Dub)
11. Surplus - Space Cadet (Physics Remix - Hard Soul Dub)
12. Maztek - Like a Boss (Renegade Hardware)
13. Culture Shock - Rain Drops (Ram Records)
14 . AudioSketch - The Pulse 1 (Soul Trader Dub)
15. Black Sun Empire - Ego (Black Sun Empire)
16. Chewy Jet Pack - Mars (Dub)
17. Physics - Bear Trap (Unreleased Dub)

Got some news, just signed a solo release from Steve Bcee and a collab with myself. LSB will also be featuring on remix duties for Soul Trader, the track will be announced shortly.
On Hard Soul Physics and I have just completed a collab which will be released on my debut EP featuring a Physics remix and a collar with David Scifa.
We also have a Grammer EP coming out featuring some guests.
John B, Dj SS, Optiv, BTK, Serum, Joe Nebula and of course Bcee have all come back to us to request audio files of various tracks for use during their DJ sets, and we have been getting on radio play on some national stations.
Still on the lookout for fresh talent even though we have a busy release schedule so please come those demos coming.
1 <3

Good news on the horizon our first release is dropping on a LTD edition vinyl and MP3 download, featuring Resolution by AudioSketch backed with the BCee remix and a new track by me and AudioSketch called Leave it All Behind which Villem and McLeod will be remixing for us. Have signed a solo track from McLeod which will be featuring on our second EP which I am hoping will be for a very talented vocalist we are working with, the current confirmed producers are McLeod, Bcee, Grammer, (LSB will be remixing a track) and myself and one more very special guest that I am waiting the final agreement on will produce the final track, and still waiting for the final agreement with vocalist but should be able to announce full details in the coming weeks.

On Hard Soul the first EP, will be Chewy Jetpacks Mars and the Skynet remix and a track by myself and Scifa which Digital has just remixed for us, all these tracks are sounding heavy so hope this one goes off. The Skynet Remix will feature on Optiv and BTK's next Dutty Audio podcast.

Big up everyone involved, lots of guys on here are contributing so thanks.

Back
Top Bottom