Producers from this site making it big = a sad time

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Well, not really sad, but it kinda dissappoints me.

Over the years I've been frequenting this place, I've seen alot of the producers from here get signed, have releases, and sometimes make it quite big in the industry. And I'm noticing that once this happens, they kinda dissappear from our community, like we are no longer needed. This is a big shame, because I honestly believe that this place has made most of us. The banter, the genuine feedback and overall helpfulness of you guys around here, everything, has made me a better producer, and I for one would never give up this forum, no matter what the future brings.

Also, among all of this, I'm noticing the new talent section has completely died off now. That used to be a hive of activity, and everyone commented, and had comments on their tracks. Now all I see is pages and pages of "bumps" from peeps trying to get their tracks noticed........it's a real shame whats happening here....

That is all.....

Although, I'd say a lot of them dudes are too busy making music as well. Once you start getting recognized there's a lot of pressure to stay up there. Maybe they just don't have time for forums at that point.

What annoys me more is people like Friction blatantly lurk the forums, don't get involved or anything and just slag the forum off instead. Even Skream still takes the time to post on dubstepforum. Yeah and I see you netsky, permanently on the visitors list but with 0 posts

I'm not suprised, most big name producers tunes get slagged off on here anyway

I'm guessing they got better things to do than argue with people on the internet about who's feeling what and who isnt

I'm not suprised, most big name producers tunes get slagged off on here anyway

Baddabing! That's it... If you look at some of the negativity that they receive why should they even bother? I know I certainly wouldn't. I remember reading some pretty nasty comments when Fresh did that Q+A on DOA. He was basically called a sell out and all his new tunes were shit, etc. I mean, he took the time to do it and just got pissed on. Now I'm a huge old school B.C. fan, and I don't really like his new stuff tbh. But I wish the lad the best of luck even, if I really miss the very early bad company days.

They have to put up with a lot of crap, so I reckon it's a lot easier for them to lurk or not even bother. Pity but what can you do?

I think you are missing my point. I'm talking about guys that were nobody, that came here on a regular basis. Now they have a few releases under their belt, we see nothing of them....

I'm not talking about every big name in the industry.

most of em probly feel if there tunes are gettin released they dont really need the feedback from here?
makes sense really
but they could come on and give feedback for other peoples tunes
twats!:teeth:

most of em probly feel if there tunes are gettin released they dont really need the feedback from here?
makes sense really
but they could come on and give feedback for other peoples tunes
twats!:teeth:

This is it. So they think their tracks are fantastic now, great. Nothing stopping them dropping by and still getting involved with the community......Remember your roots, that what I say!

I would definitely stay on here If I ever had success with my tunes lol, if not for support at least to take the piss out of other people for not making it ;)

Well, not really sad, but it kinda dissappoints me.

Over the years I've been frequenting this place, I've seen alot of the producers from here get signed, have releases, and sometimes make it quite big in the industry. And I'm noticing that once this happens, they kinda dissappear from our community, like we are no longer needed. This is a big shame, because I honestly believe that this place has made most of us. The banter, the genuine feedback and overall helpfulness of you guys around here, everything, has made me a better producer, and I for one would never give up this forum, no matter what the future brings.

Also, among all of this, I'm noticing the new talent section has completely died off now. That used to be a hive of activity, and everyone commented, and had comments on their tracks. Now all I see is pages and pages of "bumps" from peeps trying to get their tracks noticed........it's a real shame whats happening here....

That is all.....

the reason i'm about less on the old new talent section is because i now feel i need to keep my tunes more locked... too many leeches out there man!

also, things change, forum members come and go, there is nothing that can be done about it, its just the way the tinternetz is... just gotta roll with it flamalalmalamlmalmlamalmla

---------- Post added at 17:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

and now i read the rest of the thread and feel bad :(

u dont really need to keep ur tunes locked man just upload clips in 192 or sumfin or maybe put a little jingle over em
no ones gonna rip a 2 minute clip an play it are they?lol

This is it. So they think their tracks are fantastic now, great. Nothing stopping them dropping by and still getting involved with the community......Remember your roots, that what I say!

this is silly. why not just appreciate that this forum has had a hand in creating some good producers who have gone on to bigger things. dont get it twisted, its not like the forum made them good and they are somehow now in debt to the forum!!!

plenty of artists were aided in their success by using the feedback system from online forums, do you think they have time to come on here now and listen to a million and one new producers who downloaded a copy of fruityloops?? if they were any good, theyll be too busy in the studio or DJing. most people who are in a productive cycle are too busy (and sensible ) to even come on here and sit and listen to producers who have been writing dubstep for a week or 2.

dont get me wrong tho, i owe a great debt to this forum and i love it but it doesnt mean everyone can, i think if u are going to get really good you wouldnt have enough time to come on here

and i put in months and months of commenting every track that was posted if everyone did the same then the section is self-sufficient but it happens most people arent as serious about producing and dont feel the need to commit themselves in that way

Last edited:
u dont really need to keep ur tunes locked man just upload clips in 192 or sumfin or maybe put a little jingle over em
no ones gonna rip a 2 minute clip an play it are they?lol

well, i dont have a problem with people on here listening and tings, but it means sound cloud hosting, and i dont want new material up on the internet till i know what im doing with it.

but i will now make more effort to help out the needy

well, i dont have a problem with people on here listening and tings, but it means sound cloud hosting, and i dont want new material up on the internet till i know what im doing with it.

but i will now make more effort to help out the needy

could do what freek does an have a private track for certain people

starting from next monday im making it my duty to post feedback atleast once a day in the new talent section

Back
Top Bottom