Producers...DESKS?!

D Double U

FQ Sessions
VIP Junglist
Easy all,

My entire studio is currently round my mates house as I dont have a desk (dont ask how it ended up like that...) and I need to move it back.

Any recomendations on desks? Saw this and was pretty impressed however the foot print is huge...

http://www.ikeahackers.net/2012/01/music-producing-desk.html

My requirements are pretty much the same;

- It should look good
- Simple and clean design
- The speakers should be on the same height as my head
- No larger than 150cm wide by around 70cm deep

Equipment;

1x 24" Screen
1x 13" Laptop
2x 5" Monitors
1x 25 Key

Many thanks in advance!

Dave

no no no, you need one of these

mike-fraser-realworld-studios-3.jpg

robhick1 - Fucking hell thats pennies!

Was hoping to get some more semi serious responses here, pretty important part of the process, where you sit can aid and inspire output...

Unfortunately, it's a niche market which means anyone selling studio desks will charge out the ass.

I believe the omnirax web site actually let's you download the specs for their desks, so if you feel like channeling your inner carpenter, you could theoretically take their specs and DIY.

I would suggest going the ikea route and apply a bit of creativity, that's the current direction I'm headed in right now.

Cheers!

yeah why spend on a mixing desk from a so called dj / production company when you can just go ikea or even argo's.....youaint got too much studio gear....my desk holds 2xcdjs and mixer....and also my pc and m-audio keyboard...i can use it for mixing and radio shows and then production..i got it from ikea....job done......thr desk wont make you produce any better

Back
Top Bottom