Prodigy - Invaders must die (Chase & Status remix)

DJNitrousUK

VIP Junglist
Not really feeling it tbh.

Sound like a mix of 'Smash TV' and 'Eastern Jam' with a few Prodigy samples over the top. I think they're doing the usual Jump-Up producer trick of Recycling all their samples! Not having a dig at C&S (hey I did vote them best D&B producers yesterday in the 09 awards) and I'm not having a dig @ jump-up as I love them both.

Audio on Hype's show from last night (10/12/08).

NitrousUK

ahhh for god sake man....the recycling of samples gets on my nerves...okay fair enough if the tune isnt getting released but if it is thats kindof ripping people off

Im gonna quote this from another thread before the recycling argument starts.

It pretty much sums up why they use similar samples, and is put much better than i could have explained:

From what i hear, and this by no means relevant to Chase & Status or this remix necessarily, but with regards to remixing for a major you usually have a very short time limit in which to hand in your mix as it is usually to go hand in hand with the original single.

Not only that, when remixing for a major, it's pointless spending weeks trying to create a new and groundbreaking sound as you are drafted in usually because someone in the band will have heard some of your previous music and expressed a liking to it, so you will probably want to keep it in the mould - it's probably a case of 'damned if you do and damned if you don’t...' I would think…

Lastly, and probably most importantly, I think artists were getting pissed off with doing a remix for a major label, it selling 100,000 copies (or whatever) and then the producers only receiving a comparatively small one-off remix fee for their efforts.
The Pendulum remix of Voodoo People would probably be a good example of this.

It's simple, a major wants to promote it's new big single, so they get in some popular producers from a few other genres. The label get a competent remix that will get played in the right clubs and will act as a bit of promotion for the band and forthcoming album, the remixers get a bit of pocket money and everyone is happy.

na dont like it!
i recon they could of at least had a rollin beat!

Back
Top Bottom