problems with promos

law_88

are they pressed differently or something :confused: last few ive bought have all sounded absolutely terrible, its kinda put me off buyin em which is long cos theres a shitload of tunes i dont wanna have to wait for

promos should theoreticly sound better than finished copys as they are all made with the same vinyl stamper only the promos will get pressed first so the more 12"s pressed up the more the stampers will wear down (as you can only press so many records with each stamper)

if the promos sound shit its more than likely the actuall track sounding shit from bad mastering unfortunatly labels are getting quite lazy with mastering these days and alot of labels are using cheaper methods such as dmm (direct metal mastering) to get thier releases mastered resulting in shitter sounding records

the stampers wearing out is also a commen reason for warped records aswell

yeah man can't say i've ever really noticed, my copy of taxman - the circle is rather quiet though

my promo copy of frequency scale/equinox is a bit quiet and i have to turn the bass up more than i normally would but no problems really

Last edited:
promos should theoreticly sound better than finished copys as they are all made with the same vinyl stamper only the promos will get pressed first so the more 12"s pressed up the more the stampers will wear down (as you can only press so many records with each stamper)

if the promos sound shit its more than likely the actuall track sounding shit from bad mastering unfortunatly labels are getting quite lazy with mastering these days and alot of labels are using cheaper methods such as dmm (direct metal mastering) to get thier releases mastered resulting in shitter sounding records

the stampers wearing out is also a commen reason for warped records aswell

nice bit of info there mate cheers for that.

yeah i got a copy of amen alert by muffler and you can hardly hear it.
and my copy of dungeon beats-who knows is terrible theres a constant hissing in the background sounds proper grainy, shame coz its a bad tune aswell was proper gutted!

data tunes ie Something Good, Pjanoo, Crazy World remixes are ridiculously quiet.

on the contrary every Ram promo ive got is better than the full release (y)

srd and nu urban generally have good vinyl's put out
they use some of the best master houses and pressers in the scene including heathmans and stuart hawkes...but as always, you can't polish a turd, if the tune is shit in the first place nothing can be done to make it sound good...i've had to learn that myself

my promo of machete was printed wonky so the needle moves in and out shit loads and slows/speeds up slightly

pfff

yeah there were a few problems with machete lp
my copy was sweet as a nut tho :D
my copy of serum papa love rmx skips on first beat, gotta cue it in really slowly lol

my only problem with promos is the size of the hole for the spindle, does my head in yanking some of them off, ive had to get a drill on the go in the past

my only problem with promos is the size of the hole for the spindle, does my head in yanking some of them off, ive had to get a drill on the go in the past

im not sure about this mate. all my promos are fine, ive got loads man

Back
Top Bottom