problems with cueing and mixing

omowglio

ive got a few questions so this mite take a while. ive been mixing 4 about a year now and i always used to mix with one head phone with the qued song and then listened to the mix in the speakers with the other. recently after doing a live set i realised that i could here the song that is not cued and being played clearly and could never really tell the two apart. so i started to mix with two headphones on and blend the right headphone of both tunes, but i have then realised i loose the inital feel of the mix so im trying to go bak to using one head phone. but ive got the same problem again. what is it exactly im missing, is the speakers not loud enough or though they seem so. or am i missing somthing with the headphones and cueing it up. like to much treble or bass or to less bass or treble. but it seems that when i listen to the song cude up i can mix perfect, as soon as i bring that song in it drowns the other out and i cant hear it clearly and mistakes happen, and i have tryed bringing the bass out etc and lowevering the gain which works a little bit. any help really appreciated

MoWgLi-K in swindon

!!!!!!!!!!!!!vinyl all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(bar just the one cd deck)

burn your decks.
then your vinyl.
then your computer.
then your keyboard.
then your cat.
then your face.

repeat this, it should help....

well mate , first things first: if you post this in the dj, turntablism, mc'ing,... forum you'll probably get more reply's
but maybe you try to mix too fast ? first try it out with only the mid in and if you hear it doesn't sound right, take it out and try again, don't be satisfied to quick.. hope this helps..

you're welcome.

HAHA

You really need to try and make your post more clearly layout out tho, i got lost in the post lol..

But what i think you might need to do is;

When you are mixing in your headphones, get it in beat, then when bringing the tune in to say 3/4 volume, turn down your headphone volume so that you dont drown out the tune playing

Then as you begin to switch between the tunes, i.e basslines, switch the headphone channel and then make sure the other tune is still in beat.

I'm constantly adjusting the eqs and headphone volume to make sure everythin is tight and i can hear whats on.

Also invest in some decent headphones, shit ones will hinder you progression if you struggling to hear the tunes

Hope this helps and hope i havent wasted 5minutes of my life typing this out lool!

Poo on deck, sit on it, spin continuously.

Sorry.

I know this may seem like rubbish help (the bit above is good help btw) but just keep practicing an practicing and eventually you won't be strugglin to hear both the tunes, they'll just begin to sound like one. Did that help....um...nah...didn't think so. I'll rethink my contribution.

Last edited:
What im doing at the moment is cue it with one headphone on, then just put them both on and play both tunes through the headphones once its in, or just take them off and use the speakers. That way you can clearly hear the mix. If it goes out too much just go back to one headphone.

wat do u mean monitors are your feinds?

malaysia0513.JPG

The Savannah Monitor is one of the "mid sized monitor lizards. Monitors in general are large lizards; the water monitor can reach lengths of nine feet! Most types are not suitable for keeping in captivity by amateurs, many species can be aggressive and difficult to handle. Imagine the difficulties of having a violent lizard twice your size...

The Savannah monitor is sold as a pet, and can be kept by the dedicated hobbyist. However, just because it is sold doesn't mean it is suitable for everyone. They are one of the mid-sized species, reaching three to four feet in length when full grown. In general, they can become tame when raised from a young age, handled appropriately and given a proper habitat.

As with all reptiles, the savannah monitor can suffer from internal and external parasites. Your new monitor should be checked by a vet specializing in reptiles. Make sure to keep it isolated from any other reptiles until it has been examined.

Savannah montitors are carnivores, and require careful attention to their feeding. They will eat insects when young, but will soon be needing rodents. Make sure you will be comfortable with this before selecting one as a pet!

A single monitor is recommended, unless you plan to breed them. Reptile breeding is a science that is beyond the scope of this site, and we suggest keeping a single monitor per enclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom