Problem with my monitors (KRK)

IFTN

So my KRKs had been in Storage for a few months while I was away, got back and turned them on and one didn't work (was incredibly quiet, like you have to put your head right up against the cone to hear it). Tried switching about all the cables and everything until I deduced the problem was with the speaker. Turned them off and gave up, then next time I came back to show someone and turned them on it worked!!

Worked for a week or two then suddenly the same speaker cuts out (although it doens't quite cut out, just really really REALLY quiet, ), I tried turning it off and on again and sure enough that worked again.

Just happened now for the 3rd time except now turning it off and on again isn't fixing it, any idea what this problem might be?

Cheers

sounds like the amp is fucked. if i turn mine off while music is playing, there is about 1-2 seconds where its super quiet. im guessing thats the amp turning off, so maybe thats it? im no monitor expert tho!

Have you contacted KRK about it? They'll probably be able to help you the most. You said they were in storage, what kind of conditions were they in; specifically, how much dust could have built up on them and how humid was the room they were in?

that is probably a problem with amp. I have passive speakers, and sometimes one is much quieter that the other. Then I have to turn the amp off and on again and the sound goes back to normal

Back
Top Bottom