Problem with layering+Dblue glitch

cliX-

newb
Alright I am using FL studio 8 and when I layer more than ~3 snares together they start to like.. sound like they're crashing into each other or something?
I'm also having a trouble with using dblue glitch on my basslines... They get all choppy and starts sounding strange. Anyone know what's the matter? I'm using ASIO4ALL drivers. Thanks in advance!

try to pitch around with the snares, apply some eqing and adjust adsr till it fits!

regarding dblue glitch - no idea, not using it.

Alright I am using FL studio 8 and when I layer more than ~3 snares together they start to like.. sound like they're crashing into each other or something?
I'm also having a trouble with using dblue glitch on my basslines... They get all choppy and starts sounding strange. Anyone know what's the matter? I'm using ASIO4ALL drivers. Thanks in advance!

Herregud en stockholmare :D

Try choosing snares based on different charactaristics you are trying to get into. On low one with trail and a high one with a sexy little snap etc. Then use ^^^ asdr and eqing to have them gel together and create a snare you are happy with.

If you are happy with your snare in the first place you could simply compress it and add some gain if loudness is all you are worried about.

Yeah glitch is pretty manic. Half the time it doesn't sound that good if you just chuck the random settings on.
You can try and insert specific fx to suit your sound, and there is a smooth knob as well, which I guess tries too do just that.

But yeah, if you're just overdosing on retriggers, tape stops, reverses etc etc every few beats it's probably gonna sound a bit crap on a bass.

DB Glitch is basically an easier way of making a break broken
It does exactly what it says on the tin =]
If you follow your tech-dnb youll have no problems understanding the amazingness of this vst
Although you can slam a bassline in it,
Personally (and any other tech lover will tell you) slam a break into it
It is by far one of the most powerful break vst's iv come across and beats the hell outta chopping every break up into 1/64 and placing them all in piece by piece =]
Hope this helps

called Flamming

Either adjust the attack/beginning (or simply moving the start of the sample) of the individual SD sounds until they "gel" or find sounds that mix together seamlessly from the get go.

Yeah glitch is pretty manic. Half the time it doesn't sound that good if you just chuck the random settings on.
You can try and insert specific fx to suit your sound, and there is a smooth knob as well, which I guess tries too do just that.

But yeah, if you're just overdosing on retriggers, tape stops, reverses etc etc every few beats it's probably gonna sound a bit crap on a bass.

This is true ^. As with 90% of all "glitch" laden VSTs, most often, the best way to attain really cool results is to either program the VST to where it does something along the lines of a pattern, something that's somewhat predictable as it were, OR simply render your audio through the plug in multiple times, and take that audio and manually arrange it to make edits to suit your needs OR use both methods in conjunction to get the results you seek.

Just because plug ins exist that make all kinds of neat edits/fills for us Producers doesn't mean we don't still have to spend time to put that rendered audio to good use.

Quality Edits and Fillwork are labors of Love and always should be (imo).

Thing is that the sound gets messed up even before I start using the effects in dblue glitch... Not after I add effects :/

?

Either you're not telling us something or your machine is screwy...

Run down exactly what you're doing: what Sequencer you're using, what kind of Sound Card, and what you've got on the channel that you're using DBGlitch on.

Back
Top Bottom