Dubstep Problem with bass! gap between sub and mid

KaosVerket

Hey guys!

Ive been making a track and I'm rather happy with the mid bass and ect and it sounded good with my studio headphones (sennheiser hd 650). But when i was at my friends house and listened on his yamaha HS80M it sounded like it was a big gap between the sub and midrange bass. :| it had no bottom or power. I eq'd the sub is 100hz and down and the mid is from 130hz and up (don't remember exactly now)

heres the track.

the sub is nothing special, sine wave with lpf. Have i missed something important? Or is it just the sub i need to play with some more..?

The actual EQing of the bass sounds ok to me mate, maybe notch out some frequency where the kick and snare are hitting. I'm guessing this is made on massive and uses the freq. shifter? It's a nice clean sound you've got which is sick, maybe phatten it up by distorting it to fuck? lol

Let me give you a little tip. This is dnbforum.com The "dnb" means "drum and bass". You obviously meant to post this on dubstepforum.com So, next time be more careful what address you type. Because it must have been a typo. Cos if you willfully posted a dubstep track on a drum and bass forum, that'd make you an ignorant prick, wouldn't it.

Let me give you a little tip. This is dnbforum.com The "dnb" means "drum and bass". You obviously meant to post this on dubstepforum.com So, next time be more careful what address you type. Because it must have been a typo. Cos if you willfully posted a dubstep track on a drum and bass forum, that'd make you an ignorant prick, wouldn't it.

Whoa there little miss Anal Annie! Lots of people here post dubstep as well as drum and bass. Sure, some people dont like it, but if it was such a no no, explain to me why there is the option built into the forum to have prefix's for different genres?

Id like to offer you a little tip now, go untangle your frilly whites, and come back when you have something productive to say, until then, why dont you just ignore anything with a dubstep prefix on it?

Last edited:
The actual EQing of the bass sounds ok to me mate, maybe notch out some frequency where the kick and snare are hitting. I'm guessing this is made on massive and uses the freq. shifter? It's a nice clean sound you've got which is sick, maybe phatten it up by distorting it to fuck? lol

cool thx mate! oh never thought about eq that. No I've been using razor :) haha ye maaybe lulz

id never lowpass or anywhat-pass a single sine wave. there isnt anything to filter out anyways. just noobish imo ;)

sine waves have no harmonic content thats to be filtered out. little hint here ;)

id never lowpass or anywhat-pass a single sine wave. there isnt anything to filter out anyways. just noobish imo ;)

sine waves have no harmonic content thats to be filtered out. little hint here ;)

i was reading last night much about sub bases, so I'm sort of getting things in order now thanks for the tip :) Learning something new everyday!

After many hours working I'm really happy with the sub bas and the wobble. Uploaded the new version on the old soundcloud track :)

Seemed like a legitimate production question with an answer that could definitely be used to help you make drum and bass. The bass in dubstep can be used in dnb. Don't have to be a dick

Back
Top Bottom