Problem recording from mixer to pc

Floating Hunter

VIP Junglist
bought an rca>3.5mm cable thinking it would work no probs...... tried audacity and adobe audition all come out in shit shit shit quality... someone told me its cos i have a 64bit windows 7, tried running the programs in windows xp still the same problem...
Tried Virtual Dj but thats now saying theres a problem with my ASIO driver whatever the fuck that means..

how do you record mixes?

has anyone else got 64 bit windows 7 and fixed the problem?????

This is nothing to do with the OS, just the operator lol :P

What output you using on the mixer? Give us the run down on the setup first.

But to start i'm almost 100% sure you havent selected the input route correctly. It needs be recording from the Line In/ Mic In, plugging it just wont work im afraid.

---------- Post added at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

audacity-article2-image15.png

i had trouble for ages, you just need to make sure the audio preferences are set up properly on audacity or whatever you choose to record. make sure the correct input its enabled and that the cable is in the right hole (blue one for me, not a pink mic one)
asio means 4 channel audio or something like that - to do with external soundcards

cheers for the help fixed it now. managed to fiddle about with those audacity settings, that improved the sound a little - then went to the device settings for the microphone and chose the highest sample rate "2 channel 16 bit 192000 HZ (studio quality)" headache over.

Back
Top Bottom