Problem - Numark TT1625

DJBEANMAN

Right basically my shitty numark TT1625 is slowling down all by itself and has lost all its torque so when I play a tune it takes a good 3 minutes to get it to the correct speed (sometimes I even need to give it a little puh to help it along). Personally I think the motor has had it and I need to get it replaced. Can I do a bit of DIY and do it myself? I dont really wanna splash any cash cause im getting technics in december so it would just be a waste of money.

Any tips or tricks would be grateful, cheers.

Right basically my shitty numark TT1625 is slowling down all by itself and has lost all its torque so when I play a tune it takes a good 3 minutes to get it to the correct speed (sometimes I even need to give it a little puh to help it along). Personally I think the motor has had it and I need to get it replaced. Can I do a bit of DIY and do it myself? I dont really wanna splash any cash cause im getting technics in december so it would just be a waste of money.

Any tips or tricks would be grateful, cheers.

No point buying a new motor, buying an having it fitted will probly cost you more than a new turntable down your local cash converter. I thinks its just something that happens with em tho mate, one of mine is doing similar.

Pisses me off so much, because it works for about 10 minutes and then just seems to run out of juice. Nothing worse then having decks in front of you and only one of the fuckers work.

Pisses me off so much, because it works for about 10 minutes and then just seems to run out of juice. Nothing worse then having decks in front of you and only one of the fuckers work.

I just quickly switch the turntable off an back on an it seems to get some of its torque back, its never even close to full strength anymore tho. I've been doing this for about a year or so now as well. I really need some new turntables

exactly the same happened to me a few days ago so i borrowed a technics of my m8 so i got 2 technics now all gd but 1 1210 and 1 1200 lol

Not an ecomonical repair by any means imo, unless you got £20 to use the get it looked at by a repair shop then go from there.

i say throw it away i had some numarks for about 6 months worst things i ever bought they where almost impossible to get locked but maybe i just had sum shit ones.

i say throw it away i had some numarks for about 6 months worst things i ever bought they where almost impossible to get locked but maybe i just had sum shit ones.

The thing is the better you get on shit decks the easier it will be on good decks

Same thing happened to mine, and I got them repaired. Turned out it wasn't the motor, it was a burnt out chip (not sure which one).

The current line of Numarks are prone to overheating (at least, the TTXs are). Underneath the platter there is a plastic cover that covers up the gubbins. Removing that or drilling ventilation holes in it apparently helps.

The thing is the better you get on shit decks the easier it will be on good decks

well the thing is they where litterally impossible ... like the tone arm brok of one i got pissed at it :P then i got techs and just keep the other one in my closet .. then i pulled it out about 3 months ago cuz i wanted to bust a 3 deck vinyl mix .. then i quickly found out that it was litterally impossible to get it locked with it .

well the thing is they where litterally impossible ... like the tone arm brok of one i got pissed at it :P then i got techs and just keep the other one in my closet .. then i pulled it out about 3 months ago cuz i wanted to bust a 3 deck vinyl mix .. then i quickly found out that it was litterally impossible to get it locked with it .

lol, i'm in the same situation, I snapped one of my tone arms about 2 year ago, its being held together by tape, a thin piece of wood and some bluetac, and the torque on the other one is fucked, plus sometimes it is really impossible to get two tracks locked as between -3 & 3 there doesnt seem to be much change in speed when you move the pitch fader and when it does actually change its extreamly unpredictable.

I really do need some new decks :D

But I dont think you can blame it on Numark as these are their budget decks, my mate used the tt200 for years and didnt have a problem with them, an the ttx an tt500 are suppost to be alot better

hello, it's a very old post and you might not have the numark anymore but i think i know the answer.
open up the back of the numark tt1625 and replace the biggest capacator on the print connected to the motor.
it's 2200uF 16V
mine was dried out completely.

good luck

hello, it's a very old post and you might not have the numark anymore but i think i know the answer.
open up the back of the numark tt1625 and replace the biggest capacator on the print connected to the motor.
it's 2200uF 16V
mine was dried out completely.

good luck

I just replaced the chip myself and added 2x cooling fans and tightened up the back end. I'll try the capacitors (seems to be 2x large one mate) and see if that fixes it.

My problem is it will play 33s for hours and hours with no issue - i switch to 45 and it lasts about 3 mins before it goes all wonky.

I just replaced the chip myself and added 2x cooling fans and tightened up the back end. I'll try the capacitors (seems to be 2x large ones) and see if that fixes it.

My problem is it will play 33s for hours and hours with no issue - I switch to 45 and it lasts about 3 mins before it goes all wonky.

I just replaced the chip myself and added 2x cooling fans and tightened up the back end. I'll try the capacitors (seems to be 2x large ones) and see if that fixes it.

My problem is it will play 33s for hours and hours with no issue - I switch to 45 and it lasts about 3 mins before it goes all wonky.

Back
Top Bottom