Problem EQ synth

turbo46

Hi guys, i have a lot of problems to setup and equalizing all kinds of synths or pads, i tried to cut through low/high shelf HP/LP but the sound still sound really muddy, what can i do? ;(

How many oscillators, layers? It just sounds like their too busy or theirs too much going on. If they sound muddy before processing or in the mix. They'll sound horrible after. Do you have an example you can upload?

Sounds like two synths sharing the same frequency.

- - - Updated - - -

A long release and reverb thats uncontrolled will muddy it up too.

That's a pad, why the sound is so lo-fi? I've wanted a long release for atmosphere, but i've the same problem in all leads, i can't eq very well the sound. We have to check how the sound is in the mix but every time the same crap sound ;(

P.S. I've listened some your songs, really like Lapse mixing, that level would be great.

If you can't get it as bright as you like it out of the synth (i suggest keep trying) run it through a bus, drop an eq, low cut to about 5 kHz, ad a reverb, turn down the decay, set the wetness to about 75%. Reverbing the highs can add a lot of shine. also, 12khz might be too much to cut off if you want some brightness.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a ton of widening techniques you could use too. Thats also whats giving it that "lofi" sound. . . . .it sounds mono.

If you can't get it as bright as you like it out of the synth (i suggest keep trying) run it through a bus, drop an eq, low cut to about 5 kHz, ad a reverb, turn down the decay, set the wetness to about 75%. Reverbing the highs can add a lot of shine. also, 12khz might be too much to cut off if you want some brightness.

- - - Updated - - -

Theres a ton of widening techniques you could use too. Thats also whats giving it that "lofi" sound. . . . .it sounds mono.

Ok but through Sylenth or Nexus without bouncing, how can i know if the sound is mono or stereo in Logic 9?.........checking right now i've duplicated the synth track, panned L/R is a good feeling ;)

Ok but through Sylenth or Nexus without bouncing, how can i know if the sound is mono or stereo in Logic 9?.........checking right now i've duplicated the synth track, panned L/R is a good feeling ;)
The inspector will show you how many channels there are; 1 being mono and 2 being stereo.
To check the stereo spectrum of a sound, go to 'Metering' and insert a Multi Meter. Then select the 'goniometer'.

This meter shows the stereo with and placement of the fed signal. The correlation meter below it shows the phase correlation of the signal.

6AUZp.jpg

Dont do that with the low end though. . . . . . .Make 3 duplicates. One with a high cut at about 120-200hz keep it mono. and the other two low cut at 150-250hz. then spread them. also automate the cutoff on both of those in different ways. just a little bit. That adds a ton of movement and width

The inspector will show you how many channels there are; 1 being mono and 2 being stereo.
To check the stereo spectrum of a sound, go to 'Metering' and insert a Multi Meter. Then select the 'goniometer'.

This meter shows the stereo with and placement of the fed signal. The correlation meter below it shows the phase correlation of the signal.

6AUZp.jpg
The inspector says stereo right, L/R go up but i mean how can i know if the synth is mono and midi channel split in two channel. The pad have uploaded is stereo......... Guys thank you ;)

Back
Top Bottom