pro tools problems... URGH

DJPancake

NEW NAME IS DJ INCLINED
OK so i have protools 8 LE, and when i open it, half way it asks for Digidesign hardware. Is it sutting i needa buy? or do i need to update my midi drivers?:wtf:

Or am i better off uninstalling and not getting something from a torrent.

I just want to run protools, urgh. :mad:

-Andy

Last edited:
OK so i have protools 8 LE, and when i open it, half way it asks for Digidesign hardware. Is it sutting i needa buy? or do i need to update my midi drivers?:wtf:

Or am i better off uninstalling and not getting something from a torrent.

I just want to run protools, urgh. :mad:

-Andy

Buy it then.

It wont work without Digidesign hardware (or selected M-Audio hardware for Pro Tools M-Powered).

LE will require something from either the M-Box series, 002, or 003 series interfaces connected to your computer.

go for reaper man. its practically free,doespretty much what protools does, even if your LE version did work, you'd have other problems with lack of delay compensation, and limited track count.
no point in using PT imo. not at this level anyhow.

wow, Reaper looks sick.

how come ive never heard of it before?

I started with GarageBand which is now too basic for me. Now torrented Reason 4, I like the instruments and stuff, but not really the sequencer and work flow. The sequencer has been called "less than inspiring" which i agree with. And i feel like im getting board with.

I want a DAW, that inprires me too make those crazy 20 minute tracks, and still have more ideas. Pretty much all my Reason tracks look the same. Intro, beat build and instrument build, 4 measure break, verse, break, verse, song out-tro/instrument deconstruction.

I'll give Reaper a try (love that name)

Edit: does it support audio recording?? (stupid Reason doesn't)

-Andy

Last edited:
you gave it half a day, and you think it sucks ?
with this sort of patience, you aint gonna get much done mate.
then again, you're only 16, so fair enough. masturbate couple times, and try reaper again. you may like it more...

software costs so much nowdays u simply hav to try before you buy, i dont wanna spend £300 on something i cant work you know?? download the program to find out what its like, then buy it if you are serious.

btw pancake you think reasons sequencer is "uninspiring"?? its actually very colorful i think!!
you havnt worked with fruityloops? if you have, thats about as inspiring as sitting in a prison cell.

you can rewire reason to other DAWs to record audio and use VSTs.

what did you used to use?

what did you used to use?

Well, i began with GarageBand, because it comes on all macs. its pretty cool because of the ease of use, and versatility, but there isn't much in the way of instruments. Just too basic now.

Gordo, i don't like having to rewire intruments from Reason, scrolling is different, and it didn't even recognize my midi controller. Ya, i know, stupid reasons for a "stupid kid".

I'll try it out some more, and decide.

I still have have GarageBand and Sound Track pro to do audio with. (My sister has soundtrack pro, because it comes with Final-cut pro.)

-Andy

Well, i began with GarageBand, because it comes on all macs. its pretty cool because of the ease of use, and versatility, but there isn't much in the way of instruments. Just too basic now.

Gordo, i don't like having to rewire intruments from Reason, scrolling is different, and it didn't even recognize my midi controller. Ya, i know, stupid reasons for a "stupid kid".

I'll try it out some more, and decide.

I still have have GarageBand and Sound Track pro to do audio with. (My sister has soundtrack pro, because it comes with Final-cut pro.)

-Andy
just keep trying mate. theres a huge network of reaper users who are quite appy to help each other out.
and if you want to avoid rewiring reason, then look at some free soft synths. and if you're thinking "shit, more learning to do", dont. if you're comfortable with subtraktor, then you'll be fine with something like the Alpha.
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/36.html

"shit, more learning to do"

actually from learning the basics in an easy program like GrageBand, i picked up Reason easy, and soundtrack is Basically GarageBand but stuff is moved around, and different colors. (my sister told me Logic is just basically GarageBand and soundtrack together.)

Like i said, i'll keep on the look out. And im only sticking with reason cuz the instruments are good.

Edit: scine Reason doesnt sport audio recording, and the other propellerhead program Record (i think) does, are they pretty good ran at the same time/together?

-Andy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom