Preview of my EP coming up this summer

Wrong section mate, but anyway I'll try to be as constructive as I can.

Beat seems pretty basic, snare is pretty weak, lacks any real punch. The Bass sounds like its an octave too high on the drop, really has no low end power to it. I like the vocals, but they are pretty dry as they are, I'd give them lots of delay and reverb to bring them to life. The beats and bass really let this track down. Who's releasing this if you don't mind me asking? is it on a label or are you just doing it yourself?

Sorry about the section problem but thanks a lot for your precious advice !

This was actually my first-ever produced track. Most people that listened to it gave me positiv feedback so i thought it would be nice to work on it a bit more to make it really good and make it one of the tracks of my EP. I'm an independent producer so this is just some way of making a name for my group in switzerland where drum and bass isn't as big as it is in UK or anywhere else.

I'll work on the beats and bass to give them some more power, thanks again for your advice and I'll let you know when I've made the modifications. I'd love to have some continuous feedback from you on this one.

Intro nice pads. The vocal is very dry and under compressed. Try a more wet verb and get some delay on it, this will really glue it to the track. The kick needs some punch to it, some more midrange pop, the snare needs layering as well, problem is when it drops the drums are completely swallowed up by the synths.

Overall I like what you have tried to do with the track, needs some more work though. Good effort keep it up!

I think before you worry about putting together EP's and the like, you should focus on just having fun with music. You're nowhere near ready, or at the level of production to be releasing EP's. I don't mean this in a nasty way, so I apologise if you are offended by this. In the long term, putting out stuff this early in your journey can cause a negative effect as some people will see your name, and after hearing one or two tracks may not bother listening again in the future. Sure, put your tracks up on Soundcloud and post them here for criticism but don't get caught up on trying to get releases under your belt yet.

My best advice to you is stick around this forum, soak up the information like a sponge and use it to your advantage. Don't feel shy, and ask any questions you may have, there's a good group of guys around here that'll help you out where they can. Spend lots of time watching youtube tutorials, listen to other members here, and their tracks to see where you stack up against them in production levels. focus on small goals at a time, learn how to structure a track, once you know that, learn how to EQ everything correctly, then maybe understand how to layer drums, or learn the art of synthesis, creating sounds from scratch and not using presets etc.

We all started where you are, just keep pushing forward and soaking up all info you come across.

Also, friends will always say it's good. You need constructive criticism and this is one of the best places to get it. the chaps here will tell you if it sounds horrible, but they'll also tell you why, so you can learn and evolve.

Back
Top Bottom