Pretty basic FL studio question

teenious

Hi everybody,

my name is teenious and I just started with dnb production. Ok, I started like a year ago - but now things are getting serious as I have completed my first track in FL studio, preparing for it to go online.
For my production, I'm probably going to have a few questions or maybe I'm going to ask you for your opinions on multiple occasions, which is why I registered on these forums (and not just some FL studio support board). My first question is going to be FL-specific and quite basic though:

How can I route one or multiple mixer tracks into another mixer track, e.g. so that I can compute my different drums seperately but then put a bunch of effects on all of them?

Im grateful for any answers or tips,

greetings teenious

Hey,

If you want to route a mixer track(s) into another mixer track, then while having the track you want to route from selected, click on the little upwards arrow below the panning/stereo knobs on the track you want to route into.
Example:
whz9UkO.png

You can do this several times with multiple tracks going into one channel :) Good luck producing!

Hi Sultanare, thanks for your quick answer :) Now I understand how the routing works, but I've realized this is only half the solution to my problem. The thing is that I want to route my drum tracks to a "Drums" mixer track, then put some effects in there and only have the "Drums" track playing afterwards (because if I just route the tracks like you explained, both the separate tracks and the combined track will go into the master). Can you help me with this? :)

greetings teenious

Ah yeah, I forgot to add, just click on the upwards arrow below the master track once you've routed your track into the drums mixer track so that the audio only comes through the drums channel. I hope that answered your question :)

Don't forget you have those four slots at the end of the mixer table, called "send". You can use them to apply all the FX you want to your drums.

Also, you'll notice that onde you've routed the signal to a new track, basically it loses the volume ammount you placed on the original mixer track. You can fix this by right-clicking on the volume knob of the original mixer track, copying the value, and then right-clicking on the little knob that appears on the other mixer track (just above the "upwards arrow") and paste it.

Also, you'll notice that onde you've routed the signal to a new track, basically it loses the volume ammount you placed on the original mixer track. You can fix this by right-clicking on the volume knob of the original mixer track, copying the value, and then right-clicking on the little knob that appears on the other mixer track (just above the "upwards arrow") and paste it.
Strange, I don't get any loss in volume when I route to another track

I think he meant that the channel you're sending to will have its volume knob turned to 100% regardless of what the original mixer track's volume is set to.

Also; right click - send to this channel only is your friend.

I think he meant that the channel you're sending to will have its volume knob turned to 100% regardless of what the original mixer track's volume is set to.

Oh, ok. Although if Im correct it still shouldn't reduce the volume since 100% of the volume is still coming through, regardless of whether you set the fader of the original track to 110% or whatever

Also; right click - send to this channel only is your friend.
This.

Thank you all, "send to this channel only" is basically what I was looking for. The tip with copying the volume from the one knob to the other was also helpful, thanks :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom