Pressing a scratch record

h9k said:
let me know what kind of stuff you are puttin on it.. i might be interested.
if you are just looking for some good jungle scratch records be sure to check out the n2o jungle tool series (i think they have 4 of em now)...

Mine is gonna b basically similar to the N2O series, of which I have 3...didn't know there was 4 :/ might have to go find the 4th.

Its gonna b a bit less jungle influenced, i.e. less mc'ed samples. Gonna have some clean drum n bass loops for juggling/scratch n droppin and some phat bassline loops on there aswell....all taxed of course :lickface:

Once I get it finished I'll see if I can post it up somewhere for people to listen :gun:

its a shame you can't get a 1 off dub, playing the same sample bck/forth would last you 5 minutes cause of the wear and tear on the acetate :/

i'm not sure, but maybe (only) one vinyl-pressing factory here in czech republic should be cheaper.. but i don't know if they press less than 100 pcs and there may be also a problem with transport.. check http://www.gzcd.cz/en/doc/en_gd_gbp.htm ..
and i'd like to have a copy too :)

Originally posted by Triple M
That reminds me...
Gotta get u the samples.. U got a deadline for me?

:P

Nah, dunno if stu has done his samples either :smash:

I dunno bout the time course for this, I'm probably gonna go on a massive sample mission soon so if your's are to me by then I can add them in, if not :toughshitsmiley:

:thumbsup:

everlasting dubplates

hi there,
we're in london and do everlasting dubs
did a couple of scratch records already and everybody likes them
we can cut on a very light material (1mm thick) and our records are completely clear - so u can mark your samples underneath

we have an introductory offer on our website: www.vinylcarvers.com

for more info there's an earlier thread on this forum:
http://dnbforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3979&highlight=everlasting

cheers,
vc

just a suggestion.... you might want to check out some digital alternatives insead of going the vinyl route for a scratch record. as someone who has gone thru the vinyl process.... lemme tell you, it's way more worth your $$$ to just invest in digital for the long run. whether that be a cd turntable or Final Scratch. especially if you already own a laptop. I run FS and I am a scratch dj....the timing is on point for scratches.... the only downfall to that gear is for hectic backspin/cue comboes and complex beat juggles. I wouldn't fuck with anything but vinyl for that. but, for straight scratching? unless you are dirtstyle, fuck limited runs of scratch vinyl.... it's economically illogical when the alternatives are right there and accessible these days. the world of sound opens up when you can immediately bounce that bass line to final scratch or a cd and cut it up without having to leave your house or let the vinyl middle man kill your wallet dead.

not to mention.... when you press up scratch sentences on vinyl without physically trying them out on dubplate to asseess the timing.... you best watch out. shite doesn't turn out how you thought it would...trust me. however cool it sounds to the ear.... the actual scratch process is very different in terms of functionality. if you end up going with vinyl...your better off doing a Rectangle style record... where all the sounds are isolated... kinda sucks...but, at least you play it safe that way and don't have sounds running into each other on back cues. another very big benefit of digital.... if the sounds aren't timed right... it's so damn easy and $$ free to fix it.

im proper interested in one, so basically, if 20 peeps pitch in, we're lookin at about 15 each... bad really

do u reckon its possible to get that mad sound that marky uses in that old movement CD over "four days".

this project is all being still worked on, thinking about doing the everlasting dubplate buisness but I aint convinced yet. I'd have to have one to believe (vinylcarvers u can hook me up with a fuckin hostile dub is u want :teeth:). Clear records would be sweet for scratch vinyl though.

aint going down the final scratch cd dec route yet, I'm gettin closer to it though.

temper_d: cheers, glad ya liked it

hi again, sorry for the delay
unfortunately we can't offer any further testcuts
but can assure you that our plates are wicked as we didn't have a single complaint yet

klusta: if you email us your address we could send you one of our adjustment-plates (with different fragments of our stuff on it)
so you can see/hear what they are like + scratch with them?

If you could get some good reece's on there i.e. anything Pendulum use, then i'd pay bucks!!!

I've been dreaming of owning the reece from vault (no beats over the top though just reece) on a scratch vinyl or even better a lockgroove!!!!!! :rosie:

why the shit website and secrecy?

either youre a tad shifty or just extremely bad at marketing, though your enthusiasm leans towards the latter

have you got any images of the gear you use?

has your "friend" who invented this "prototype" got a name? im sure im not the only qualified engineer on here who would love to talk with someone whos knocked up a vinyl lathe in this day and age

has he got patents on his design (the only reason id assume why you wouldnt be gettin us to peep your mad rig)

sounds a lot like you probably just know someone with a vestax cutter.

so instead of all flaming me for the negativity, why not put me in my place with :

1) some serious facts

2) some images of gear used

3) proof you know your biz when it comes to mastering for vinyl

but yeah, without a doubt im hoping youre legit and all that, but in this day an age it pays to be dubious when it comes to dubs!

hey dude, relax
we're inventors, not website-designers

the machine is brandnew and if you take a closer look at our website you'd find the desired pictures in our article from the UK - DJ-mag, one of the world's most reputable dj-magazines

if you don't know how to behave then get yourself a vestax and don't bother us

Back
Top Bottom