Preferred filters?

sektr9

Hey all, I have been on a quest to find some new filters and not really sure where to start. I use Fl and have seen and used everything they have, used a few other popular ones like camelphat and even ran reason through rewire for some of the options in there, and still not happy. I have found one that emulates the sherman filter that Noisia uses, but it has no manual or support and usually just ends up destroying samples. So, What Filters are you all using?

You might want to check out WOW2 filter & the Fab filter saturn. I don't own them personally so I can't comment too much, but I hear they are pretty good.

Tone2 BiFilter & Filterbank 3
NI Absynth
U-He Filterscape
CableGuy FilterShaper
RS-MET Engineers Filter

Tone2 BiFilter & Filterbank 3
NI Absynth
U-He Filterscape
CableGuy FilterShaper
RS-MET Engineers Filter

^ This. To add, Cableguys FilterShaper3 and SoundToys FilterFreak are currently my go-to's. Loads of creative flexibility and straightforward interfaces.

Last edited:
Sick list so far, thanks a ton mates! If anyone has yet to try it, have a look at Love Philter from ImageLine, pretty sick layered filter with unlimited control options ;) Im going to try out the bi filter tonite

tone2 is great as being said.

but i use fabfilter saturn the most. SO versatile!

- - - Updated - - -

cant recommend lovephilter tho... sounds a bit, dunno how to describe it, weak?

if you can work around that it should be really great tho, lots of possibilities.

Sick list so far, thanks a ton mates! If anyone has yet to try it, have a look at Love Philter from ImageLine, pretty sick layered filter with unlimited control options ;) Im going to try out the bi filter tonite

Bifilter2 is free with Computer Music magazine issue 182 I believe!
So just buy that online and add the magazine to the vault and download!

Bifilter for the filterbank, Wow2 for the modulation and filter types, Filtershaper 3 for the modulation and daulness, and Camelphat because its camelphat. If fab ever has a sale ill be picking up saturn too, and ive been keen on getting Melda mfilter too.
but autofilter has always been my go-to, great distortion

Not sure why there have been multiple references to Fabfilter Saturn in a thread about filters. Saturn is multiband distortion, not a filter!

On that note, I was going to recommend Fabfilter Volcano2! Also WOW2!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom