Pre-owned playstation?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by theone, Apr 2, 2011.

1. theone

theone Just say no to dubstep!

Im thinking of buying a PS3. Im not a massive gamer and can't imagine me buying loads of games. Has anyone ever bought a pre owned PS3 before? Any advice?

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

erm....make sure it works? I allways buy second hand shit anyway nevert really had any issues

3. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

Bought a pre-owned ps3 a few months ago from cex never had any problems with it, but it came with a years cover. Don't buy one from ebay or anythin though cos you probably won't get a guarrantee if it fucks it.

4. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

The older ones bluray drives are prone to failure, always better to get a new one to be honest.

5. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

Dont buy anything off ebay, ever. Every single thing ive bought from there has turned out to be total crap ! especially electrical goods. I would say if your goin to buy a ps3 go for the new shape one as they have not long come out and they are more likely to have lots of life left init.

6. StrifeII

StrifeII Member

My Xbox was preowned...the simplest thing in the world is to just make sure you get a decent level of warranty. Don't be fooled by packages and whatnot if there's a better offer on warranty, because both the PS3 and Xbox are known to have a plethora of problems, and what with a competitive market, places arn't that happy to refund them, and you'll end up with a £300 paperweight or getting 30 quid back for spares and repairs.

BBC iPlayer is wickid on there, comes with a lot of good features so check them out. And get Gran Turismo!

7. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

I never buy second hand electionic goods.

Fuck that.

Even with a warranty, replacing shit is a pain in the arse I can't be bothered with.