Practicing the Deen..

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by ThePapa, Mar 6, 2013.

1. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Smickus

Smickus Active Member

no music? fuck that. i like being hip and trendy and cool

3. Shatner's Bosom

Shatner's Bosom murder TANMUSHIMUSHI

Didn't know they weren't allowed to wear gold or listen to music

4. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

men arent allowed to wear it, just women.

jewelery's a womans thing, thats why.

5. Shatner's Bosom

So many Arab's from the Gulf countries are blinged up to the max, guess it depends how you interpret the book, Christians are sinners if they don't wear the same material clothes

6. mr karnage

yes that is true, the ruling only mentions gold and it could be permissible to wear silver or another precious metal. although gold is reserved for women only, theyre very special those women in islam.

7. ThePapa

Soooo what are you going to do with the gold that awaits you in paradise karnage? Looks like the prohibition is an earthly one..

‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr ibn al’Aas reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever of my ummah wears gold and dies wearing it, Allaah will deny him the gold of Paradise. Whoever of my ummah wears silk and dies wearing it, Allaah will deny him the silk of Paradise." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad).

This prohibition applies to men only, not to women, as ‘Ali, may Allaah be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) took a piece of silk in his right hand and a piece of gold in his left, and said: "These are forbidden for the males of my ummah." (reported by al-Nisaa’i and Abu Dawud).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) also said: "Wearing silk and gold is permitted for the women of my ummah and prohibited for the males." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad)

Gold is permitted for women because of their delicate and gentle nature, and their need for adornment. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "(Do they then like for Allaah) a creature who is brought up in adornments (wearing gold and silk ornaments, i.e., women), and in dispute cannot make herself clear?" [al-Zukhruf 43:18]

As for men, it is a sign of instability and an unmasculine nature to adorn oneself with gold. Islaam wants the differences between the sexes to be marked clearly, and their distinct characteristics to stand out, because when they resemble one another, much corruption results therefrom. The prohibition of gold for men includes pure gold, gold alloys, cut pieces, joined pieces, gold inlay, etc. As for gold-plating and gilding, some scholars are of the opinion that such articles are forbidden for men if it is possible to extract gold from them (by peeling or shaving off, for example); if no gold can be extracted from it, then such items are permitted. Some scholars say that it is not permitted to wear an item which is wholly or mostly gold-plated, but if only a little part of it is gold-plated (like the hands of a watch, or the numerals, or the tiny points denoting numbers), then it is permitted to wear it. They say that the issue is its appearance, not its value: if the gold-plating is very obvious and covers everything, it is not permitted, because many people will not make the distinction between gold-plate and real gold, and some may follow this person’s example and begin to wear pure gold.

And Allaah knows best.

8. ThePapa

Not strictly true. The idea behind it is that it's a feminine trait to make yourself look pretty, and therefore unmanly to copy them. One of the more amusing facets of Islam however is the way that it's followers have such a literal way of interpreting it. So if the prohibition is against wearing gold, rather than looking to the spirit behind it they act like third rate lawyers and start wearing fake gold, or white gold rings. Shia's even have a practice of temporary marriages to avoid having sex out of wedlock.

It's like all they can see are the words in front of them, rather than (as they're supposed to) believing that there is an intelligent person behind these rules who can see round any childish 'work arounds'.

Shatner's Bosom likes this.
  9. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Seriously..that music is haram thing proves that UK Apachi is a dong surrounded by speng.

10. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

i'm in the wrong part of the world to be craving a bacon sandwich.

11. Shatner's Bosom

Whenever i hosted rugby players that lived in Qatar (expats) they used to hide bacon in their socks on the flight back

12. mr karnage

ma'sha'allah

13. Hombre-J

Hombre-J Currently Ballsacked