Potentially making the switch to CDJ's this year - Suggestions please

yeah i learned dj'ing on cdjs about an hour before my first gig on them, as long as you don't use any fancy functions you should be fine

go with whatever you want to go and have the most fun with

Go with timecode vinyl man. Don't worry about playing out, just use CD's. Piece of piss to get used to if you get a gig lined up, just have a play around on some for half hour or so and you will be fine. If you can mix vinyl, you can mix CDJ's no problem as long as you know how to function it! Your a good DJ mate, wouldn't worry about that too much. Can always look to add a CDJ or 2 to your setup in the future.

This this this this this.

Get serato and wonder how you lived without it. 2 seconds to plug in and you dont fuck with anything playing as well, fine to take to a club ;). Feel of vinyl without the weight of vinyl. haha.

Pluggin shit in at a club, infront of another DJ, with potentially dodgy cables and mixers, bad lighting, does not make it a 2 second job.

Pluggin shit in at a club, infront of another DJ, with potentially dodgy cables and mixers, bad lighting, does not make it a 2 second job.

Serato was a piece of piss when I took it out. I have set it up a lot though, on autopilot.

Sent from your mums vag using Tapatalk.

Go with timecode vinyl man. Don't worry about playing out, just use CD's. Piece of piss to get used to if you get a gig lined up, just have a play around on some for half hour or so and you will be fine. If you can mix vinyl, you can mix CDJ's no problem as long as you know how to function it! Your a good DJ mate, wouldn't worry about that too much. Can always look to add a CDJ or 2 to your setup in the future.

:) Sound. Cheers Muzza! It seems like the more viable option. Will let you guys know what I decide to go with before making the decision

Stick with Pioneers. I ventured out last year and bought a different brand and it failed. Pioneer 1000 are starting to go for cheap now on Ebay. Just found one for $360. However don't buy the pop up Pioneer 700 due to malfunctions with the pop up function.

Watcha, just a heads up, with the 400, 850, 900 and 2000, you don't need time code or an interface to run Traktor anymore. It's just plug and play. You can also just plug into a djm 900 or 2000. All you need is a computer. Look up HID.

Just make sure you get cdjs that are Rekordbox/USB compatible if you go the cdj route.

I don't bring DVS or an interface anywhere anymore. Just a crusty old i3 powered Dell and some USB cqbles.

Afek how the fuck do I export a playlist from Rekordbok onto usb? Everytime I do it it forgets the playlist and creates a new folder for each artist/tune which sends me mad. It would take me days to take them all out of those folders.

It can't be right because there's no point in having playlists if they don't stay together on the usb stick I must be doing something wrong.

Nooooooooooooooo. I feel this day is coming nearer for me too though.

Lots of good advice. 850's should serve you well, and for the reasons your saying about having a mix with your mate it makes sense to get something similar, probably why I've been looking down the Traktor/Mac route just because I've seen it first hand so many times now

Are you reaching Metalheadz 20 years Mark?

I feel this day is coming nearer for me too though.

Lots of good advice. 850's should serve you well, and for the reasons your saying about having a mix with your mate it makes sense to get something similar, probably why I've been looking down the Traktor/Mac route just because I've seen it first hand so many times now

Yeh, I've been taking it on board. Still a bit undecided, but I am leaning towards Tractor little by little. Still would be nice to have some cdj's though and would be fun getting up to par on them as turntables.

Are you reaching Metalheadz 20 years Mark?

....mate. Headz nights, like Renegade Hardware nights have never really grabbed me (just personal preference) + I am starting to prefer smaller raves more than those hench all night raves that finish when people are going to work. Are you hitting that up?

Yeh, I've been taking it on board. Still a bit undecided, but I am leaning towards Tractor little by little. Still would be nice to have some cdj's though and would be fun getting up to par on them as turntables.

....mate. Headz nights, like Renegade Hardware nights have never really grabbed me (just personal preference) + I am starting to prefer smaller raves more than those hench all night raves that finish when people are going to work. Are you hitting that up?

Fair play. Yup got my ticket. I actually much prefer listening to the older stuff nowadays....any opportunity to here something from way back I'm there.
Can't say I've ever been disappointed with a headz night ever since THAT infamous history sessions boat party in outlook couple of years ago. Hardware ain't the same anymore which is a real shame

Afek how the fuck do I export a playlist from Rekordbok onto usb? Everytime I do it it forgets the playlist and creates a new folder for each artist/tune which sends me mad. It would take me days to take them all out of those folders.

It can't be right because there's no point in having playlists if they don't stay together on the usb stick I must be doing something wrong.
I'm not sure. I never use playlists. Try the Pioneer forum.

Watcha, if you're going the Traktor route, save yourself some money and go with the 400s and an X1. The 400's are good to practice on.

Anyone used the XDJ's and rekordbox together? im going to get 2 CDJ's but the USB ones are considerably cheaper!

I'm buying the XDJ-1000s as soon as I can, just need to sell my CDJ 1000s first, might try and get rid of my DJM 800 too and upgrade to the 900.

Back
Top Bottom