PostmanPat's February Mix

PostmanPat

I'll cum in your arse.
VIP Junglist
First mix I've uploaded on here. Been mixing for about 14 months now and thought I'd share this to hopefully get some feedback on. It's more of a deep liquid tip with some new and also some fairly old tunes. So I hope you enjoy and any criticism/positive feedback is welcome. Thanks! :)

DNBSHARE 320: http://dnbshare.com/download/February2011Mix.mp3.html

DNBSHARE 192: http://dnbshare.com/download/FebMix192.mp3.html

Tracklist:

Data ft. Kathy Brown – Compassion
8 Bits – So Good
Siren – Soulsearcher
AI ft. dBridge – Three’s A Crowd
Mutt & Generic – Forget
Calibre – Overreaction
Lenzman & Switch – Ice Cold Soul
Eveson – Found A Groove
AI ft. Steo – Let It Be
Commix – Japanese Electronics
Break – Time After Time
Eveson – So Fine
LSB – All Of Your Love
Enei – Atlantis
Total Science & SPY – Above The Clouds
Break & Spectrasoul – Martyr
Mutt – Art of Forgetting
Commix – Painted Smile
Lenzman – Lose You VIP
Logistics – Together
Cyantific – 88mph
Spectrasoul – Downtown Chicago
LSB – Rolling Sideways

Last edited:
Cheers man! You won't be that impressed as its not great lol but I appreciate the support :)

PS. I'm still waiting for your next installment ;)

My second needle in a couple months has broken on me. You might be waiting a while longer. lol

I'll spin this mix on the way to London on Friday. Cheers!

shall check as long as you check mine :teeth:

seriously though looks like a nice chilled tracklist to do some reading to tomorrow so il get on it and leave some probably not very helpful feedback!

im not going to doing any work this morning, so here goes,
tracklist looks soulful and tasty!
compassion >> so good .. nice clean mix, a lil less mid on so good would make compassions vocals more dominant. they always seem quiet in the mix, especially when the bass is turned down.
so good >> soulsearcher .. great! i would have just cut out so good a lil earlier before it started making more noises near the end of the mix.
>> 3's a crowd .. drums sounded a bit cluttered at a point but a nice mix all the same.
>> forget .. nice! not heard "forget" before, tis a right soulful number. gonna have to bag it.
>> overeaction .. lil slip when the hats came in but quickly amended with minimal damage done.
>> ice cold soul .. drums sounded a bit muffled and ice cold soul's piano really dominated the mix, would have sounded cleaner if you eq'd the fuck out of ice cold and had it low in the mix i think.
>> found a groove .. good mix, bit wobbly at places, eq some mid out one of the tracks.
>> let it be.. cant really comment. let it be even after the mix sounded a bit muggy, not sure if thats just the tune itself or u had some dust on needle or what not.
>> japan elec .. yeah cool!
>> time after time .. cool! however i cant help thinking it would have made more impact cutting out japan on the drop of time after time.
>> so fine .. wickard!!!!
>> lsb .. cool!
>> atlantis .. started off a bit whoa whats going on, but it smoothed out. i dont know wither tune so it confused me a lil.
>> above the clouds .. yeah ok!
>> matyr .. a lil less wet on the filter and it would have been spot on. less is more!
>> mutt .. v good mix!
>> painted smile .. cool!
>> loose u .. yeah good.
>> together .. swish, u missed the opportunity for the double d tho. where both tunes break down before they drop in time is a great chance to switch the eq's up.
>> 88 mph, nice mix
>> downtown chicago .. urgghhhhh wickard! digging it.
>> rolling sideways .. clean as!

all in all man, pretty swish, keep it up. im amazed how quickly the new skool is picking up this djing malarkey.

im not going to doing any work this morning, so here goes,
tracklist looks soulful and tasty!
compassion >> so good .. nice clean mix, a lil less mid on so good would make compassions vocals more dominant. they always seem quiet in the mix, especially when the bass is turned down.
so good >> soulsearcher .. great! i would have just cut out so good a lil earlier before it started making more noises near the end of the mix.
>> 3's a crowd .. drums sounded a bit cluttered at a point but a nice mix all the same.
>> forget .. nice! not heard "forget" before, tis a right soulful number. gonna have to bag it.
>> overeaction .. lil slip when the hats came in but quickly amended with minimal damage done.
>> ice cold soul .. drums sounded a bit muffled and ice cold soul's piano really dominated the mix, would have sounded cleaner if you eq'd the fuck out of ice cold and had it low in the mix i think.
>> found a groove .. good mix, bit wobbly at places, eq some mid out one of the tracks.
>> let it be.. cant really comment. let it be even after the mix sounded a bit muggy, not sure if thats just the tune itself or u had some dust on needle or what not.
>> japan elec .. yeah cool!
>> time after time .. cool! however i cant help thinking it would have made more impact cutting out japan on the drop of time after time.
>> so fine .. wickard!!!!
>> lsb .. cool!
>> atlantis .. started off a bit whoa whats going on, but it smoothed out. i dont know wither tune so it confused me a lil.
>> above the clouds .. yeah ok!
>> matyr .. a lil less wet on the filter and it would have been spot on. less is more!
>> mutt .. v good mix!
>> painted smile .. cool!
>> loose u .. yeah good.
>> together .. swish, u missed the opportunity for the double d tho. where both tunes break down before they drop in time is a great chance to switch the eq's up.
>> 88 mph, nice mix
>> downtown chicago .. urgghhhhh wickard! digging it.
>> rolling sideways .. clean as!

all in all man, pretty swish, keep it up. im amazed how quickly the new skool is picking up this djing malarkey.

Legend!! Big ups for the great feedback man :)

Yeah I agree mate, EQing is definately my weakest point! I've got to try and work on it in future. I'm already working on my next mix so will definately be keeping this in mind (y)

I'm glad you were digging some of the mixes overall, thanks again for the brill feedback man! :)

Be sure to hit me up when your next mix is up as your last one knocked down buildings.

enjoyed it man, some nice tunes in there, love overreaction!

can't really say anything that teddy hasn't.. the eqing sounded a bit off on the japanese electronics mix, not sure why but obviously keep playing with the eqs and see what sounds good etc
keep it up (y)

was a real nice suprise man! the way you spoke of it i was expecting a clang fest haha but was very much listenable haha

big tunes throughout mate some which i hadnt heard and will be bagging so big up for that! cant really say much more as teddy hit it on the head with his feedback!

just keep at it man.. watch your levels.. EQ everything as tight as possible

everything just comes with more and more practice.. BIG MIX

enjoyed it man, some nice tunes in there, love overreaction!

can't really say anything that teddy hasn't.. the eqing sounded a bit off on the japanese electronics mix, not sure why but obviously keep playing with the eqs and see what sounds good etc
keep it up (y)

Cheers James!

Yeah EQing was kinda poor but I can't help but leave the lesser tune's EQ turnt up lol, especially when it has a vocal - but I must learn to change that!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

was a real nice suprise man! the way you spoke of it i was expecting a clang fest haha but was very much listenable haha

big tunes throughout mate some which i hadnt heard and will be bagging so big up for that! cant really say much more as teddy hit it on the head with his feedback!

just keep at it man.. watch your levels.. EQ everything as tight as possible

everything just comes with more and more practice.. BIG MIX

Lol thanks mate, appreciate the listen and feedback!

Yeah I hope so about the practice, just need to keep going at it but I'm sure I'll find my own way of getting round the EQ problem.

Nice one ;)

Back
Top Bottom