PostmanPat Techy Mix - June 2011

tracklist is reet up my street, pon the dl

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

couple of little clangs but thats a minor, this mix had me skankin

LOVE DUB/LUNAR BASS REMIX and MINIMAL FUNK/MILLERS/REDEMPTION RMX all big big mixes

tracklist is reet up my street, pon the dl

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

couple of little clangs but thats a minor, this mix had me skankin

LOVE DUB/LUNAR BASS REMIX and MINIMAL FUNK/MILLERS/REDEMPTION RMX all big big mixes

Safe mate! Yeah the clangs were slightly horrific lol, glad you enjoyed the mix in general though (y)

was ace mate!
every mix was wicked really, nothing negative to say about it.
the mixes were on point and the eq's were good too, only had shitty headphones to listen to tho, would like to have heard it all properly.
the lil slips/clangs were fixed really quickly so well played, took u a bit longer with "be myself" but i'll let u off!
most of ur slips are when both tunes drop, its a common thing to happen, either the drums drop out and it goes out of time without you noticing or when you switch the eq's it sounds diff so you feel the need to change the pitch, well i know i do. practice and confidence in ur beat matching will minimalise it.

i think btksh & surface was the worst mix on there for me, but it was by no means bad, just not as hot as the others.

this bit was by far my fav section

Icicle - Nausea
Jubei - Patience VIP
Icicle - Minimal Funk
Heavy1 - Millers
Icicle - Redemption - (Alix Perez remix)

sorry i couldn't give u my thoughts mix by mix this time, it was 5am and i was rocking it while i worked. defo going on the pod for another round!

Easy man, sorry would have given you feedback when I listened to it first time round but I've been pretty busy so just another quick flick through to recap!

Favourite bits:
Mainframe >>> Strange Science >>> Transmission - really tight, liked both of those wicked intro.
Love Dub >>> Lunar Bass (Commix remix) - been doing this one myself! can't enough of love dub (dub dub dub dub dub dub dub dub dub in my head all month) Always find it quite hard to double drop on the lunar bass breakdown cos theres pretty much silence for 16 bars put you pulled it off in style.
Set It Off (Icicle remix) >>> Underprint - really feeling that one
Minimal Funk >>> Millers - sick mix then into Redemption (Alix Perez remix) was really nice man.

Each individual mix was really strong man, selection was quality, eqing was pretty faultless.

Few niggles namely, Love dub, Mimic, Underprint mixes but sorted quicktime. The quest for perfection continues...

Really enjoyed it man, look forward to the next one!

was ace mate!
every mix was wicked really, nothing negative to say about it.
the mixes were on point and the eq's were good too, only had shitty headphones to listen to tho, would like to have heard it all properly.
the lil slips/clangs were fixed really quickly so well played, took u a bit longer with "be myself" but i'll let u off!
most of ur slips are when both tunes drop, its a common thing to happen, either the drums drop out and it goes out of time without you noticing or when you switch the eq's it sounds diff so you feel the need to change the pitch, well i know i do. practice and confidence in ur beat matching will minimalise it.

i think btksh & surface was the worst mix on there for me, but it was by no means bad, just not as hot as the others.

this bit was by far my fav section

Icicle - Nausea
Jubei - Patience VIP
Icicle - Minimal Funk
Heavy1 - Millers
Icicle - Redemption - (Alix Perez remix)

sorry i couldn't give u my thoughts mix by mix this time, it was 5am and i was rocking it while i worked. defo going on the pod for another round!

No need to be sorry my man, any feedback is good feedback and this is great feedback once again!! (y)

Yeah I fucked the Be Myself section right up, was bringing in BTKRSH for the double drop but it went slightly out and because Be Myself hasn't got much to help me during the breakdown I didn't want to risk it lol!

Thanks again for great feedback man, also agree with you on the drum drops, annoying as fuck lol

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Easy man, sorry would have given you feedback when I listened to it first time round but I've been pretty busy so just another quick flick through to recap!

Favourite bits:
Mainframe >>> Strange Science >>> Transmission - really tight, liked both of those wicked intro.
Love Dub >>> Lunar Bass (Commix remix) - been doing this one myself! can't enough of love dub (dub dub dub dub dub dub dub dub dub in my head all month) Always find it quite hard to double drop on the lunar bass breakdown cos theres pretty much silence for 16 bars put you pulled it off in style.
Set It Off (Icicle remix) >>> Underprint - really feeling that one
Minimal Funk >>> Millers - sick mix then into Redemption (Alix Perez remix) was really nice man.

Each individual mix was really strong man, selection was quality, eqing was pretty faultless.

Few niggles namely, Love dub, Mimic, Underprint mixes but sorted quicktime. The quest for perfection continues...

Really enjoyed it man, look forward to the next one!

Cheers mate! Haha yeah that's funny about the 'dub dub dub' thing coz I have been doing the exact same thing!

Appreciate the great feedback and I'm glad you were feeling some of the mixes :)

im' just gonna say to anyone doubling love dub - don't listen to love dub, wait til you can hear the other tune hit the end of hte 16 then switch it - 9 times out of 10 it will be wayyyy more obvious

Ez bro,

Sorry I took so long to feedback, Its got my full attention now!
First of all, this mix was DUTT. Well enjoyed it man, quite a few tunes that werent really on my radar in here but its definitely made me sit up and take notice.
Beat matching was good, heard a couple of tiny split second slips but you correctly them pretty much instantly.
The bits I enjoyed most were

Hybris - Loaded
Mark System - Love Dub
Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix remix)

Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint
Enei - One Chance
Icicle - I Feel U

Rockwell - BTKRSH
S.P.Y. & Kasra - Surface

^^ Definitley would have made me shout things if I heard that mix out.

I did not realise how much of a banger Heavy1 - Millers is. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Wicked mix though bro, had this on in the garden today, proper vibes! Look forward to the next one.

very nice enjoyable mix mate, beatmatching was mostly tight, selection was pretty damn spectacular.
good work overall pretty sick (y)

Ez bro,

Sorry I took so long to feedback, Its got my full attention now!
First of all, this mix was DUTT. Well enjoyed it man, quite a few tunes that werent really on my radar in here but its definitely made me sit up and take notice.
Beat matching was good, heard a couple of tiny split second slips but you correctly them pretty much instantly.
The bits I enjoyed most were

Hybris - Loaded
Mark System - Love Dub
Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix remix)

Noisia & Alix Perez - Underprint
Enei - One Chance
Icicle - I Feel U

Rockwell - BTKRSH
S.P.Y. & Kasra - Surface

^^ Definitley would have made me shout things if I heard that mix out.

I did not realise how much of a banger Heavy1 - Millers is. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!
Wicked mix though bro, had this on in the garden today, proper vibes! Look forward to the next one.

Nice one man, glad you thought it was decent, great feedback too!

Yeah its a banger man, Heavy1 are doing big tings at the moment (y)

Listening to your mix at the moment, fucking heavy so far, will leave feedback in a bit :)

---------- Post added at 14:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:58 ----------

very nice enjoyable mix mate, beatmatching was mostly tight, selection was pretty damn spectacular.
good work overall pretty sick (y)

Cheers man, thanks for checking! Let me know when you next have a mix up :)

Back
Top Bottom