DnB possibly my best song... would love serious feedback to help me onto the "next level"

Re: possibly my best song... would love serious feedback to help me onto the "next le

fuckin insane bro, how do you process your drums?!

Re: possibly my best song... would love serious feedback to help me onto the "next le

thanks bud. My drum process is quite extensive.... but a quick rundown would be:

1. lots of resampling, dynamic processing and eqing
2. layering of breaks, especially amen with hi passing and eqing to taste
3. choice of samples is really important sidechaining and parallel compressing

cheers

Sorry if the track wasn't working, I changed my home link on SoundCloud without thinking haha

Wow! Great work, I reckon you're already at that next level. Only critique I have is the hats seem really ear piercing on the high frequencies, maybe let a little bit more through lower down the spectrum, not a lot mind, and maybe cut everything above about 16khz to tame them in a bit. Apart from that this is fucking fantastic!

i love the fact that the build up fits the drop but doesn't give away what the drop will be like! awesome tune with an INCREDIBLE part from 1:51 onwards

It's very good. Well done. Keep up the good work :)

Sounding sick man! Great work :)

I'm not a fan of the overcompression but hey...Its a quality tune!

Is that fm synthesis? Really good work by the way. Lots of fun stuff going on keeping the interesting.

Wow! Great work, I reckon you're already at that next level. Only critique I have is the hats seem really ear piercing on the high frequencies, maybe let a little bit more through lower down the spectrum, not a lot mind, and maybe cut everything above about 16khz to tame them in a bit. Apart from that this is fucking fantastic!
Thanks for the tip kronix, noticed that this time around. And thanks for the support!

Is that fm synthesis?
No FM synthesis here... I am trying my hand at FM8 tho, looks rather complicated so far. Thanks for the support once again IV

And to everyone else I'm really glad you all like it! Makes me more bummed that I was unable to enter the contest but oh well until next time I guess. Cheers everyone

trying to get this as much exposure as possible for serious crits, anyone else?

love this... nothing to bad to say except like said the hats... too high pitched but also they sound thin? this gonna be downloadable?

nice quality! massive bass.. my table is trembling ;)

love this... nothing to bad to say except like said the hats... too high pitched but also they sound thin? this gonna be downloadable?

Awesome guys thanks. And yes it will be downloadable after they Seven Lions Remix competition is over. Although I am not entered I want to respect that fact. I can send anyone who wants it PMs with dl links to remind you.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom