Drum & Bass possibly my best song... would love serious feedback to help me onto the "next level"

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by W3st, Nov 28, 2012.

1. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

Remix for Seven Lions' Days to Come.

Missed the entry by 10 minutes due to internet issues *shakes head*

Oh well here it is in most of it's glory, I'd love to get some feedback before I do any final touches etc

Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  2. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

Re: possibly my best song... would love serious feedback to help me onto the "next le

fuckin insane bro, how do you process your drums?!

3. W3st

Re: possibly my best song... would love serious feedback to help me onto the "next le

thanks bud. My drum process is quite extensive.... but a quick rundown would be:

1. lots of resampling, dynamic processing and eqing
    2. layering of breaks, especially amen with hi passing and eqing to taste
    3. choice of samples is really important sidechaining and parallel compressing

cheers

4. W3st

Sorry if the track wasn't working, I changed my home link on SoundCloud without thinking haha

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Wow! Great work, I reckon you're already at that next level. Only critique I have is the hats seem really ear piercing on the high frequencies, maybe let a little bit more through lower down the spectrum, not a lot mind, and maybe cut everything above about 16khz to tame them in a bit. Apart from that this is fucking fantastic!

W3st likes this.
  6. LiquidTurtle

LiquidTurtle New Member

That`s awesome :D Good job (y) (y)

7. Freezz

Freezz Member

i love the fact that the build up fits the drop but doesn't give away what the drop will be like! awesome tune with an INCREDIBLE part from 1:51 onwards

8. Menosance

Menosance aka OSOI

It's very good. Well done. Keep up the good work :)

9. Scrapped

Scrapped Member

Sounding sick man! Great work :)

I'm not a fan of the overcompression but hey...Its a quality tune!

10. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Is that fm synthesis? Really good work by the way. Lots of fun stuff going on keeping the interesting.

W3st likes this.
  11. W3st

Thanks for the tip kronix, noticed that this time around. And thanks for the support!

No FM synthesis here... I am trying my hand at FM8 tho, looks rather complicated so far. Thanks for the support once again IV

And to everyone else I'm really glad you all like it! Makes me more bummed that I was unable to enter the contest but oh well until next time I guess. Cheers everyone

12. W3st

trying to get this as much exposure as possible for serious crits, anyone else?

13. Taylor Colpitts

Taylor Colpitts New Member

Sick work man!
    Only thing I could suggest is compressing your mix to sound louder? Sounds a little quiet to me, none the less killer track

14. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

love this... nothing to bad to say except like said the hats... too high pitched but also they sound thin? this gonna be downloadable?

15. Roman Levin

Roman Levin New Member

nice quality! massive bass.. my table is trembling ;)

16. W3st

Awesome guys thanks. And yes it will be downloadable after they Seven Lions Remix competition is over. Although I am not entered I want to respect that fact. I can send anyone who wants it PMs with dl links to remind you.

Cheers!