Posers

fevezz

nom nom nom nom!
so we've all discussed the subject of writer's block n not having enough hours in the day, etc.

well something that irks me even more, are poser producers dammit.

you know, those people that brag about how they own all these DAWs n gear, like sony soundforge... >_>

idk, just seems like i've been runnin' into a lot of these asshats recently, which sucks cuz i was hoping to meet more serious producers since im at uni now.

this company that makes this software called soundforge which apparently seems like a DAW to most of the pose-woops i mean-producers i've met.

:D

i been talking about making music for a long time now. much more than ive been making music actually. which is quite poser esque. but ive come to the conclusion that the discussion is largely philosophical. i think the final nail in the coffin, that really drove that point home, so to speak, was burial. he makes his songs in soundforge. its pretty mind blowing. you often come across quite extreme attitudes with people who make music. from guitarists and bass players to electrostep and illbient, theyve all got opinions set in stone and theories as absolute as taxes and death. no mastering engineer will ever touch a song made in reason or fruityloops cant get signed to a record label and orion isnt real music and fuck midi gear im a real guitarist etc.
ive been fortunate enough not to meet these people in real life too often. but its pretty scary when i do.

well what im talkin about is a little more effed up than that. you're talking about different artists beliefs (even practices that change by genre), which are understandable.

one of the people I'm talking about started a thread about a producer meet up for producers in my area. of course everyone flaked out. so i was like, well, we can just do online collabs if everyone is too busy but i got comments like "i don't have the 'gear' for that". >_>

that same person asked me what kind of stuff i use in my workflow. and when i replied my modest set up, i guess they decided to one up me by listing crap out the wazoo:

ableton 8, cubase, sonar, FL 8, acid, reason 4, soundforge...

another person i met at home a while ago was a dubstep dj. when i mentioned i used acid, he was like, "i got soundforge." durrrr.....

its an odd thing to pose as. music producer. or maybe not? posing as a great artist seems to me like one of the better things to pose as, bishes love a great artist.

nah man, bishes love big knobs... hardware gets panties on the floor son!

I speak to a lot of people who say they have all the different DAW's and all the top software instrument plugings.

However when you download these illegally you do not appreciate the software itself.
It becomes disposable because a new and better version will come out next month and you will download that aswell.
Thus you will not learn any DAW inside out and you will only touch the surface of a complex program.

I'm literally only using Logic Express because that is all I can afford at the moment but I am dedicated to it and even though its a basic version there is still a lot to it.

Also I hate how people download plug ins such as Albino ect then will only use the presets then move onto the next plugin.
If I had Komplete 6 or 7 I would be learning the shit out of each plug in!
I would literally hardly ever go out if I had it.
Absynth is so fun to play with.

Gonna get me Komplete 7 for sure. Maybe even with the Kore controller package. Someday. Unemployement doesn't really leave much room for audio tool shopping... Been fun doing nothing but everything good must come to an end.

However when you download these illegally you do not appreciate the software itself.
It becomes disposable because a new and better version will come out next month and you will download that aswell.
Thus you will not learn any DAW inside out and you will only touch the surface of a complex program..

Not always the case, I have been using an illegal copy of cubase since I left school, originally to record for my band, and apart from the brief period of time where I used fl, my original system died and could only use a crappy laptop, I've never used anything else.

I think the case with these people who download as much illegal software as possible is that they aren't competent enough to produce anything so they try and look the business by having loads of software that they don't actually know how to use but can show off to their mates who don't have a clue.

Having used cubase for about 4 years I have only just started getting the hang of it and have got to the point where I don't hate everything I make but I still got a long way to go and still have a lot to learn about the marvel that is cubase so I don't know how these kids are learning 5 daws at once but I guess that's why they're posers.

I speak to a lot of people who say they have all the different DAW's and all the top software instrument plugings.

Thus you will not learn any DAW inside out and you will only touch the surface of a complex program.

I'm literally only using Logic Express because that is all I can afford at the moment but I am dedicated to it and even though its a basic version there is still a lot to it.

Also I hate how people download plug ins such as Albino ect then will only use the presets then move onto the next plugin.
If I had Komplete 6 or 7 I would be learning the shit out of each plug in!
I would literally hardly ever go out if I had it.
Absynth is so fun to play with.

you know, i agree w/ this.

acid was the only DAW i spent money on. well the crap version at least. but i learned it well enough, so i "obtained" pro 7, which i know is not the best n craps out on me sometimes (gawd i wish it had up to 32bit too) but im just real comfortable w/ it n using ozone and massive and some other free vsts that i like for basses nowadays. if only a hella awesome pro 8 were to be released, i'd buy it in a heartbeat, but acid is goin the way of the dinosaur.

anyway, i feel like i have to make a decision soon and spend on the new more affordable ver. of ableton, or logic express. i know that's the only way im gonna really learn cuz its true, only then do you appreciate and work your ass off more.

me too man. i concur. thats why free plugs is cool as crap and resampling the shit out of 3xosc is a hobby of mine. but absynth is next level programming. it got an amazing sound but looks completely impenetrable to me, that synth is no joke to get your head around.

Absynth 5 is the shit. Been using it a lot since I bought it.
Next to that I also bought Reason 5 not that long ago, next to that I have been using an illegal copy of FL, but still know like almost the entire software package.
It's all about dedication, if you really want something, you'll be there someday, somehow. With enough effort everyone can become a good producer.

The only thing that bothers me are that shitload of so called 'artists' that come to me every month with the question if I could master their (often shitty) tracks or if I could make them a website.
Then they all start complaining after hearing the prices. :D

Back
Top Bottom