Portugal vs. England

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Alright, so, from listening to sets and reading stuff on the internet, I have made a post with the most notorious differences between Portugal and England in the DnB scene

The Good Things:

- We have almost no MC's
- DJ's (even UK ones) almost never do a rewind, it's non-stop action
- Our Portuguese DJ's are pretty much the kind of people you will see walking around the street or at your local disco, so you can speak to them with no hassles

Neutral:

- Although this is pretty much down to the own person's preference, we have A LOT less Jump Up than England, and a lot more Dark/Neuro stuff, with artists like Counterstrike, Spor, etc dropping by frequently
- There is not much security at our venues. I've seen people walk up to the DJ's for song requests, autographs, etc. This can be good but it can also leave a bad impression as it probably annoys the DJ a lot

The Bad Things:

- We have no weekend festivals, only one-nighter's
- We clearly don't have nights with 30 known DnB DJ's
- The 3 big ones (Andy C, Hype, Friction) don't drop by much frequently

Of course I know England is the country for DnB, I'm just extremely bored and wanted to leave my personal impression to try and change your views on Portuguese DnB, since I've spotting some Portugal hate frequently (must be because we own your ass in football :teeth:)

Yeah, this crusade of hatred against the Portugese drum & bass scene has to stop!

Haha, but seriously, I'm surprised you say its dark stuff mainly. This is being very stereotypical, but I understand why it is mainly dark styles played at raves in Russia, a hard and cold country, but in Portugal I thought it would be bronzed women rubbing their tits, people swimming in the sea and subathing to the sounds of Calibre and Fabio!

Yeah, this crusade of hatred against the Portugese drum & bass scene has to stop!

Haha, but seriously, I'm surprised you say its dark stuff mainly. This is being very stereotypical, but I understand why it is mainly dark styles played at raves in Russia, a hard and cold country, but in Portugal I thought it would be bronzed women rubbing their tits, people swimming in the sea and subathing to the sounds of Calibre and Fabio!

Lol no sunlight at night mate ;)

I'm surprised at the Portugese being all over the hard stuff, when Brazil is the home of Sambass and the spiritual home of liquid funk (Marky...). Slavs like their shit deep and depressing thanks to our long winters and love of vodka but I don't see deep and depressing appealing to the latin spirit.

Back
Top Bottom