Portable Midi Controller

vicious-beats

I'm out in texas with work until christmas and just keeping my eyes peeled for music hw shops in case I can pick up some cheap stuff. Not seen anything yet but if I do I think I might treat myself to a portable midi controller/keyboard. Any I should consider / discount?

Or any other nice pieces of kit worth considering around the £100 mark aside from controllers? Synths/drum machines/etc to use with Reason and Live? Sorry to be vague, not got much of a clue about HW yet.

Also haven't had any spare time for a while to check out the rest of the forum/new talent and comment never mind monkey around with beats myself. Can't wait to get home at christmas.

Im thinking of getting a KORG nanoKEY, its about portable as it gets.

korg-nanokey-sm.jpg

only a midi controller through

KORG makes nasty good products

-Andy

i have a m-audio axiom 25 that i like. i've also got a nanopad and nanokontrol. the nanopad broke after 9 months, but korg has a 1yr. warranty and replaced it (make sure to register whatever you buy). the nanos are kinda meant to go hand in hand w/ Live too.

akai also started making ultraportable controllers like the nano line.

ok, changed my mind,

the Akai lpk25, seems like a better buy, and still only $70

Akai-LPK-25.jpg

It'll be hard to find sutting real small with samples and stuff built-in, not to mention speakers.

-Andy

Found these that I'd be interested in, would only be able to afford one (axiom 25 being the most realistic) but they're all tempting

axiom 25 for $170
korg electribe $400
akai apc40 $400

Been looking into a Kaoss Pad 3 but can't find one yet, looks like a really cool piece of kit

Back
Top Bottom