Poor ole Quiff

Messages
236
Likes
2
#1
If you guys haven't heard, one of Q Project's eardrums got fucked up baaaaaad (I think Paul said he severed it.....OUCH!!!). My thoughts go out to him, and I really hope this isn't going to end an already stellar career. If this is the end he can be contempt with himself for always being an original in a scene full of biters, the mass amounts of influence he has given, not giving a fuck what anyone says and flexing any style you could imagine. Show respect everyone and if anyone reading this knows him let him know that he's been the most inspirational of any of the drum and bass/jungle/whateveryouwanttocallit musicians EVER to me. I won't be all that sad if he can't make any more music, because the quality he's left behind will never go stale in my ears.
 

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Messages
12,707
Likes
17
#2
JimJapBap said:
If you guys haven't heard, one of Q Project's eardrums got fucked up baaaaaad (I think Paul said he severed it.....OUCH!!!). My thoughts go out to him, and I really hope this isn't going to end an already stellar career. If this is the end he can be contempt with himself for always being an original in a scene full of biters, the mass amounts of influence he has given, not giving a fuck what anyone says and flexing any style you could imagine. Show respect everyone and if anyone reading this knows him let him know that he's been the most inspirational of any of the drum and bass/jungle/whateveryouwanttocallit musicians EVER to me. I won't be all that sad if he can't make any more music, because the quality he's left behind will never go stale in my ears.
Totally :word:

Get well soon Quiffy (y)
 

1992

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,279
Likes
4
#3
Well any way you cut it, this is no good.

The guy wrote some really beautiful music and was kind enough to talk with me and sign my Advance//d 001 sleave. Still, you know what they say, a producer is only as good as his last tune. Its a shame that the last tune(s) I heard from him were pretty darn bad.

Hopefully he will re-release "CODE 0001", a tune SO good I didn't even think that it could be from the Total Science.... then again it was released in the mystical magical year of 1993. So "duh", of course its nothing short of being completely mind blowing.
 
Messages
236
Likes
2
#4
1992 said:
Still, you know what they say, a producer is only as good as his last tune.
Yeah can't tell you how much i've heard that one.......

Seriously man I'm getting real tired of your posts. Somehow you can take any subject (even one's asking for sympathy) and end it with the same "too bad they suck because they don't make old 'ardkore stuff" comment you always have.

You're entitled to your opinion and if you don't like his recent work thats fine. It makes sense to me, him being so diverse and you haveing such a stagnant taste in music. But he was one of the few that brought back the drums and the bass to drum and bass in one of its most critical stages using that whole 'ardkore sound that you just can't seem to shut up about. You've already got your own forum, there's no need to stand on your soapbox here.
 

Serum

Well-Known Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
2,100
Likes
153
#5
Poor guy,

Don't know the details but I sure as hell hope it can be sorted out so he can keep on doing his thing.
 
Messages
85
Likes
3
#6
JimJapBap said:
Seriously man I'm getting real tired of your posts. Somehow you can take any subject (even one's asking for sympathy) and end it with the same "too bad they suck because they don't make old 'ardkore stuff" comment you always have.

You're entitled to your opinion and if you don't like his recent work thats fine. It makes sense to me, him being so diverse and you haveing such a stagnant taste in music. But he was one of the few that brought back the drums and the bass to drum and bass in one of its most critical stages using that whole 'ardkore sound that you just can't seem to shut up about. You've already got your own forum, there's no need to stand on your soapbox here.
i'm gonna second that opinion.

1992: i think your taste in music is generally pretty shit but i don't go into everything thread you create saying how much better the new tracks those artists have done are or how much better the new remix is. give it a rest for once.
 

mesh

Active Member
VIP Junglist
Messages
4,398
Likes
14
#7
1992 said Q is a talented producer and a nice person. He then said he has made some crap tunes in recent years, something I've heard plenty of others say on this forum, and they haven't been slated. So ease up.
 

d.storm

-re-q/para-
Messages
16
Likes
0
#8
those 2 tunes he did on Hospital Recs "Living With Beaker" and "Nation 2 Nation" were absolutely brilliant, LWB is prob one of my fave liquid tunes ever full stop. the guy is a legend in dnb and hopefully he'll have a lot more releases in the comin years.
 
Top