DnB Polymer - THUMP! (WIP)

Polymer

Edited 21/12/2017 - Latest Version Here:

Last round of feedback before I say this is done i think.

Apart from the sub being panned left for some reason, anything sticking out that needs changing?

Original Post:

Feedback on the overall mix would be great. (This is pre-master)

The bass/sub got lost a bit to side-chaining but is it at the right level?

The guitars are panned hard L and R. Should I bring them in a little?

Are the vocals too loud?

Any other feedback would be awesome too.

Last edited:
guitars should be panned at 50. i would resample and make them sound larger. the part at the end should be in the beginning. or halfway thru the first drop. something about the cymbal is off in the main break. release time, eq maybe, not sure. song has potential. i like it.

guitars should be panned at 50. i would resample and make them sound larger. the part at the end should be in the beginning. or halfway thru the first drop. something about the cymbal is off in the main break. release time, eq maybe, not sure. song has potential. i like it.

Cheers man, your feedback's really useful!

Feedback on the overall mix would be great. (This is pre-master)

The bass/sub got lost a bit to side-chaining but is it at the right level?

The guitars are panned hard L and R. Should I bring them in a little?

Are the vocals too loud?

Any other feedback would be awesome too.
I have a tip f0r u ab0ut the guitars man!
U sh0uld leave it as it is meaning tw0 seperate channels panned all the way left and right.But!
Als0 rec0rd a 3rd guitar in the center 0f the mix.The same guitar has t0 be played 3 times it creates a subtle but yet very imp0rtant effect.It makes the guitars s0und fuller !
The side chain and v0cals s0und 0k im0.

I have a tip f0r u ab0ut the guitars man!
U sh0uld leave it as it is meaning tw0 seperate channels panned all the way left and right.But!
Als0 rec0rd a 3rd guitar in the center 0f the mix.The same guitar has t0 be played 3 times it creates a subtle but yet very imp0rtant effect.It makes the guitars s0und fuller !
The side chain and v0cals s0und 0k im0.

Hey thanks man yeah might throw in a 3rd guitar. They've currently got different amp presets on each channel (so killing my CPU, gonna resample).

Very nice man, I'd love to hear what this sounds like when the central guitar is added and beefs the main line up; I imagine once this is done the gaps between the guitars, whether it be where your break or the 7 note climby arpy thing, might sound a little bare, in which case I'd play around with trying to incorporate some form of subby stab and seeing how it sounds... May be a terrible idea but can't hurt. The arpy thing is also quite repetitive for how often it's used, might be worth revising another version with different notes/timing to alternate between?

This is a really cool idea; when rock/metal influenced dnb is done right it's awesome imo and I'm really feeling this one is gonna be!

Very nice man, I'd love to hear what this sounds like when the central guitar is added and beefs the main line up; I imagine once this is done the gaps between the guitars, whether it be where your break or the 7 note climby arpy thing, might sound a little bare, in which case I'd play around with trying to incorporate some form of subby stab and seeing how it sounds... May be a terrible idea but can't hurt. The arpy thing is also quite repetitive for how often it's used, might be worth revising another version with different notes/timing to alternate between?

This is a really cool idea; when rock/metal influenced dnb is done right it's awesome imo and I'm really feeling this one is gonna be!

Cheers for the feedback mate! Super useful :2thumbs: Yeah, gonna introduce a few more mid-range ideas to keep it fresh, definitely some sub work. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom