Poison Gas - Skull Fuck You

tips...

a) new talent & track review is where these go, you may well get some shit for posting here
b) get a soundcloud account, feedback on a youtube video aint exactly easy due to the compression

i'll check your track when not at work (y)

right... first things first, bad parts

drums... they are fine pattern wise, they just sound weak is all... i'm not sure how far much you have learnt production wise but they sound like they need some compression and eq in many shapes and form (ie certain hits will need to be compressed, then several elements together to 'fuse' it etc) but that is something you will need to learn. b2b eq'ing the drums will help them cut through the mix and be nice and punchy (y)

okay, so judging by your drums you are relativly inexperienced production wise (took me 3 years to get to this standard, and now i know the theory, i still cant always apply it!)... so the bassline, needs a sub bass under it as it feels like the bass synth is doing both? not to keen on it being the intro either?

so, good points

sample is good, i would loose some of it though so its just the 'rip out your eye and skull fuck you', as this guy has been sampled nuff times recently!

musically you are doing it right, so keep trying learning and improving!

good luck buddy, hope that can help rather than sounding hyper critical!

Back
Top Bottom