Point Of Origin Vol.1 - VA EP (Shogun Audio)

808 Dnb

VIP Junglist
Looks likes we're getting a new EP series on shogun.

http://www.redeyerecords.co.uk/vinyl/66577-sha097-point-of-origin-vol-1-va-2-x-12

SWAG...

300385-1.jpg

Oops looks like it's actually a new VA LP series...

Full tracklist

01. Ed:It - Centre Suite
02. Posij - Shieldbreaker
03. Karma - Saturation Point
04. Need For Mirrors - Neverless ft. Steo
05. Liz-E - My Heart ft. Lauren Archer
06. Zero-T - One For Me
07. Paul SG & Soultec - Wishful Thinking
08. Karma - Sleepless Nights
09. Simplification & Translate - Desire
10. Safire - Chance For Change
11. Nickbee - Elysium
12. Coleco - Raveworx

Album as a whole doesn't really do much for me imo, I only really like that Sleepless Nights tune by Karma and the Paul SG tune.

I basically like about 3/4 of the album, but boy that choice of tunes being pressed is fucking horrendous again. That Posij tune is absolute and utter shit and the one from Karma should have been Sleepless Nights instead of Saturation Point. Even the Ed:it tune could have been replaced by Wishful Thinking or Desire.

I basically like about 3/4 of the album, but boy that choice of tunes being pressed is fucking horrendous again. That Posij tune is absolute and utter shit and the one from Karma should have been Sleepless Nights instead of Saturation Point. Even the Ed:it tune could have been replaced by Wishful Thinking or Desire.
man, I fully agree.

The Ed:it tune is cool (but that's about it). Zero T - One for me is sick. Shieldbreaker is terrible. Saturation Point is OK but agree Sleepless Nights is lush. Neverless is one of the best tunes I have heard from N4M. My Heart is nice. Elysium is massive. Suspicious is mean. Wish remix is all good.

Basically this feels just like that Ramiami EP release - they put the artist names that they think can sell the record on the record, not the best tunes from the release (that's the only way I can fathom how they got to those choices anyway). Another nail in the vinyl coffin (this won't sell at all, and so Shogun will do even less vinyl from now on I bet)

Shogun really seems to be going down hill at the moment, this doesn't seem to be an exception sadly.

I disagree. Spectrasoul's LP was fantastic and the Entropy remix EP and Technimatic EP were fire.

The Joe Ford EP was disappointing but not terrible....and Frictions VS's series EP wasn't half bad either.

This however is shit. :teeth:

I disagree. Spectrasoul's LP was fantastic and the Entropy remix EP and Technimatic EP were fire.

The Joe Ford EP was disappointing but not terrible....and Frictions VS's series EP wasn't half bad either.

This however is shit. :teeth:

Yep, the Joe Ford EP was shit, the Forward release before that was marginally better but still pretty crap. The Friction vs series was terribly weak, the Entropy Remix EP was basically a pointless exercise imo, but I did like the UM & Phace remixes, Joe Ford & BSE Remixes were utter dog shit. Agree with you on the SpectraSoul LP & the Technimatic EP tho.

Maybe I was being a wee bit hasty, I shall re-phase my previous comment to "Shogun have been quite hit & miss lately, & this release is a miss" :who_wants

If you divided the whole album by 4 you would have 3 EP hence the title Point of Origin VOL 1 so Vol 2 is the next 4 tracks and Vol 3 is the remaining ones. So yeah, the whole album MIGHT BE pressed.

I highly doubt Shogun Audio's choice of pressing only 4 tracks from a compilation of 12+ (the Voltage one is not listed above but is there in the displace audio link)

E: what @Menosance said

Some good ones in this for sure, not sure about it being a let down, far worse releases on Shogun this year...

I wish they'd do another Way of the Warrior LP, closely following the style of the first. So many big tunes on that but none of their VA LPs or EPs since have had that quality.

Damn this got a lot of hate! Some real gems on here from what i've heard (Chance for Change and One for Me are absolutely amazing). Can’t find audio for a couple but even if they’re a little meh, it’s very rare I don’t feel that way about a VA LP

That Coleco tune is sick as fuck, but I doubt anyone who would get any use out of it is still checking Shogun releases.

Back
Top Bottom