Plz: recommend me some new DNB 12"s with retro flow

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
Its summer, there has got to be some new DNB vinyl out there that sounds like it could have been released between 1991-1994. I look on Juno every so often but I usually buy techno. The DnB offerings that I listen to are terribbly drab but I don't listen to everything or I'd be glued to the home PC all day long.

Check out Shy Fx's Digital Soundboy label.

http://www.digitalsoundboy.com/

The beats are modern but the vibe is... old skool IMHO.

If you want a more broken vibe, then I'd suggest checking out grindcore not dnb.

You're not going to find any modern rave protojungle tracks swapping amens and 4x4 though.

1992 said:
Its summer, there has got to be some new DNB vinyl out there that sounds like it could have been released between 1991-1994. I look on Juno every so often but I usually buy techno. The DnB offerings that I listen to are terribbly drab but I don't listen to everything or I'd be glued to the home PC all day long.

good luck m8. although, i hear basement is gona start releasing dnb again and i've heard of their tracks, that had an oldskool feel to it.

"Plight Of the navigator" Cartridge Rmx basement -Just Released with orginal 92 mix on other side...
"Fear Heaven" Rufige Kru (Metalheadz) Darrrrk though excellent on Headhunterz LP (just OUt)
Cyantific "little Green Men" on Hospital...not that new but defo old skool tinge there !!
"Cocktail " by Break Eastside Jams 2 LP -yr2000 but this is quality old skool flava
"Skitzophonic EP" Ink & ???Forgotten (Sorry ) Metalheadz yr 2000...this is the ep that stopped me from giving up on D&B killer beats
Sorry its not newer stuff ...will have a look 4 ya/let u knpow if I spot n e thing
(yn)

Last edited:
Stedfast said:
"Plight Of the navigator" Cartridge Rmx basement -Just Released with orginal 92 mix on other side...
"Fear Heaven" Rufige Kru (Metalheadz) Darrrrk though excellent on Headhunterz LP (just OUt)
Cyantific "little Green Men" on Hospital...not that new but defo old skool tinge there !!
"Cocktail " by Break Eastside Jams 2 LP -yr2000 but this is quality old skool flava
"Skitzophonic EP" Ink & ???Forgotten (Sorry ) Metalheadz yr 2000...this is the ep that stopped me from giving up on D&B killer beats
Sorry its not newer stuff ...will have a look 4 ya/let u knpow if I spot n e thing
(yn)

I have the skitzophonic EP I'm pretty darn sure. I can't find any of that other stuff on juno though. I found one new basement record but its already 3 years old, still good, still buying. I found a few things I may get. The Fix artist is very good he seems to make pretty bad ass 1993 style darkcore. Other then that, the rest of the current dnb offerings make me want to cry.

Ohh.... This is funny:http://www.juno.co.uk/products/226111-01.htm

This is a repress of sorts that Renegade Hardware is doing. It offers two bsides of records that I have the original EPs for. One was on 3 the hard way.... a pretty lame tech step tripple pack which ppl on doa used to bug me to sell and the other was the b side to the Usual Suspects track which sampled Robocop. Strange that these are repressed as neither track was ever very popular. I myself liked the Therapy track quite a bit but I felt alone in my love for this track.

I remember listening to the Headhunterz EP on metalheadx the last time I was surfing juno... was not into it at all. The Winter of Context on the other hand was extremely awesome and had many good retro style tracks. Digital's GGs will probably be the best of the year.

Back
Top Bottom