Plugins, mixing tools and kits for DnB production

Quotec

Sup, folks?

I need some good plugins for drum and bass production but I don´t know which ones are good and which ones are bad. I have NI Massive which to be honest have been always lagging and making me trouble so I refrained from using it. I have Nexus 2 and Lounge Lizard too. I use lots of Harmor, Harmless and Sytrus but I think there should be some additional awesome plugins mainly for bass, lead and pads. Also could you suggest me some mixing tools? And some great kits? I have Danny Byrd´s dnb kit which is splendid but maybe there are some similar kits? Please suggest free stuff, I don´t have the money to purchase expensive instruments. :D

practice with what you have, there is no better tool than your own brain - if massive is giving you grief, i'd suggest getting a proper licence for it ;)

search Free VST on here and in google, there is a vast array of free stuff available - none of which will improve your mixdowns or music in general by themselves. If you have a DAW, then you already have all the tools you need to learn

get synth 1 if you can afford it (its free btw). Its great for pads and atmospheres and has the easiest interface known to man

Harmor is great for reeces. You can try and watch some of Seamless videos. This guy is a beast when using Harmor for reeces.

3xOsc is a pretty decent plugin for pads and basses too, try watching howtomakeelectronicmusic's videos, he does his music (and tutorials) only with stock FL Studio plugins.

I'm now giving Toxic (another FL Studio plugin) a try, and I'm becoming very impressed by the results.

If Massive is a resource hog it's worth maybe putting some money in to making your PC better, if you can't then look in to changing your DAWS latency settings, also I believe Massive has an Eco Mode setting which takes up less CPU. As for production tools, vst's ect, it all depends on what you're comfortable with and how much you know, your best option would be getting comfortable with a few VST's and learn synthesis then you'll be able to make pretty much any sound you want ;)

If you're looking for an easy DnB producers pack, you might be looking for short cuts. Thats not really what you want to do. all of of synthesis you're looking for can most likely be done in the daw you're using. As far as sample packs, Don't. Learn how to use one shots to you're advantage. build you're own loops. its much more rewarding. if the sound you're trying to accomplish isn't coming through by using your own loops and synthesis, then you need more practice and knowledge. you'll get all the knowledge you need right here on this forum. The BHK packs are pretty nice, a little over processed for my liking. Look on freesound.org for crispy dinner kicks and snares. Ive been using those lately, their not over precessed. What DAW are you using?

The BHK packs are pretty nice, a little over processed for my liking.

Lol really? over processed bhk packs? there like the most underprocessed packs going, the drums arent compressed much (if at all) and the basses are normally in their rawest form.

NI FM8 is great even though it's not free.
For modulation use the Fruity Free Filter.Just modulate some notch and low pass filters on your bass.
For distortion you could use CamelCrusher(free).
You can download sample packs from various producers like Billian or Mak0.They are pretty useful tbh.Just google them.

download 1300 or so my breakz pack from http://www.mediafire.com/download/25ib4yt2yc4br39/[breakz].7z

and drag then into FL Studio slicer X channel, and on the "piano roll" do

1_8_kick.png

Back
Top Bottom