Plugins etc.

kenny d

ez people basiclly im getting a new setup soon of what i think will be cubase. i was just wondering what plugins people think are good to go with cubase that i could get.

and also should i get xp for the computer? i hear some people sayin avoid vista

thanks

i use xp, dunno what the grief is with vista.....
you know theres some great free vst's out there, theres a kind of MUST HAVE thoery which is rubbish, synths such as albino, massive, z3ta are the big players, but trust if ure good enough you wont need them.

search google, some of the free FX units ive picked up are absolutley mental.

Vista? I have it. Depends on your computer specs. Vista will chew up a lot more of your memory. My old laptop had 2 GB memory with vista and that was a problem. My new pc has 4 GB with vista and so far no problem.

ye thanks alot.

and ye im looking to get the best sorta plugins that all the big boys use lol

what bout eq's and all that no any think bout gettin better 1's of them..?

i just sorta need a list of what packs to get really

cheers for replying :)

Hey man,
Def use Windows XP.

If you want to play with the big boys most of them now use
DSP either UAD or Powercore or Both! :rinsed:

Plugin wise (native)
Waves (L2, C4, C1 etc)
Sonnox (limiter, reverb, dynamics, EQ etc)
Altiverb
IK Multimedia - Amplitube 1,2
N.I GuitarRig1,2,3
AudioDamage: dubstation etc
PSP VintageWarmer2, Nitro, NeonHR, etc
Ohmforce- Quadfrohmage, Mobilohm, Ohmicide etc
Voxengo- The whole range is great! Span, crunchessor etc

for VSTI
Sylenth
Imposcar
Arturia Minimoog/Gmedia minimonsta
Z3ta
trilogy (still pretty good)
albino
Predator
Anything from NI
Massive, Absynth, Battery, Reaktor, Kontakt, FM8, Kore2

Hope that helps!

Peace out
myspace.com/dauntlessdnb
www.dnbbeats.com
www.sydneyfriction.com

thanks alot people good advice..keep it coming lol :D

yer i reckon go with xp in this case.

also i heard some good things on nuendo..any one no much about out i think dj sly, tyke and that lot use it.

plus pleasure got back to me the other day and i found out he uses cubase...just in case any 1 wanted to no :)

thanks again people!

nuendo is just cubase with video editing and a few useless extras (if your just making tunes). just get C5. the plugins mentioned above are all good, the ssl plugs are sick too.

as some general advice o'd say get less plugins and learn them more thoroughly. id say choose two good eqs, two comps, two synths and a few delays.

id go for:
SSL g-buss comp and channels strip.
waves r-series comp and eq
Z3TA
massive
kontakt
adio damage delay
psp mix pack/vintage warmer
waves L1+ or L2

all you'll ever need to roll with the big boys. (about £2000's worth)

oh yea, get the best monitors you can afford too.

ye thanks alot.

and ye im looking to get the best sorta plugins that all the big boys use lol

what bout eq's and all that no any think bout gettin better 1's of them..?

i just sorta need a list of what packs to get really

cheers for replying :)

if you go on to DJ Vapours site (36 Hertz) sign up. then have look at the drumnbass tutorial in there (its PDF doc) and it explains EQ in the best way to undertand it, and how you kind of THINK EQ when your creating beats. its very very good. read it bro its wicked.

Cuebase itself has pretty good EQ sections, more than enough to get started mate, but until you fully understand the power of EQ and what it means in terms of making dnb forget loading yourself up with every plug in out there.

but, of course dig your heels in and get some free synths n VSTi's, there bundles for free on this site (links) and all over the net

thanks alot people good advice..keep it coming lol :D

yer i reckon go with xp in this case.

also i heard some good things on nuendo..any one no much about out i think dj sly, tyke and that lot use it.

plus pleasure got back to me the other day and i found out he uses cubase...just in case any 1 wanted to no :)

thanks again people!

I use Nuendo, its made by the same people who make Cuebase, Steinberg. its kind of a big brother to cuebase but its essentialy the same thing mate

if you go on to DJ Vapours site (36 Hertz) sign up. then have look at the drumnbass tutorial in there (its PDF doc) and it explains EQ in the best way to undertand it, and how you kind of THINK EQ when your creating beats. its very very good. read it bro its wicked.

I've signed up but i couldnt find the pdf?

Some good links on the forum pages though

cheers

Back
Top Bottom