plug ins to get for xmas

Eternaloptimist

VIP Junglist
ez gents!
just wanted to ask what plugins u guys recommend.im using logic 8
i know i should stick with what comes with logic but the other day i tried the urs 1975 classic compressor and it sounded way better than logics.
saturation,reverb etc

Have a look for a few decent modular synths if you are into that thing.
Try Komplete 7 if you havent got it.
Absynth is better than sliced bread

i have absynth already.might try get komplete 7/8 but i feel its just too expensive.is it possible to just get razor?

Have a look for a few decent modular synths if you are into that thing.
Try Komplete 7 if you havent got it.
Absynth is better than sliced bread

Absynth is the fucking cat's meow! I love it, it's really confusing to get into at first but once you understand the basics, you'll realize what a joy it is to work with! It even comes with a FUCKING HUGE bank of presets for if you just want a quick sound, especially after the most recent update in which they've included 2 banks that you previously had to pay for. It can run as an effect mode too!

/advert

I'd also recommend you try PSP VintageWarmer, it sounds amazing (and is at the top of my xmas list) and you'll see a lot of the big producers using it in their masterclass vids.

I don't have a serious list of stuff that I've purchased, just a handful of plugs, don't underestimate the power of freeware plugs either. Sometimes you can be surprised!

---------- Post added at 07:40 ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 ----------

i have absynth already.might try get komplete 7/8 but i feel its just too expensive.is it possible to just get razor?

Yes it is, it runs in Reaktor Player, the draw back is that you can't save patches interally to Reaktor. However you are using Logic so you can save the patch to Logics patch list (sneaky workaround!).

Razor also comes highly reccomended, but to be honest I don't really use it for basses all that much (which is what most people buy it for?)

+1 for fabfilter, pro q is the best thing ever, izotope alloy is also a great plug, a multitude of functions with it, i particularly like the multi-band compression on it, great for your drums bus!

thanks for the suggestions,will get the demos asap.does anyone use sugar bytes wow filter?

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

whats the most transparent vst compressor out there?

If you have the dollar id say get urself the new NI Damage plugin, looks pretty damn sick. 30GB of percussion samples is always a good thing.

arts acoustic reverb !

+1 for fab filter
+1 for psp vintage warmer

all depends on the style youre doing tho aswell. and for camelphat, i only really like the distortion and you can get that in the free version aswell, so check out that.

and for a compressor, check out bootsys stuff, its free&very good!

Native Instruments Vintage Compressors perhaps? Audio demos on their site sound good.

Another great free compressor is Audio Damage Rough Rider! No numbers on the dials so you are forced to use your ears, careful though, it can squash your signal to nothing.

NI's Massive.

I know NI had a 50% cyber monday deal, so they may have a "last minute" special, perhaps hold off on buying for another week or two.

Of course I was a bit pissed after hearing about the sale considering I purchased it at full price...but I digress–it's worth every penny.

Also, I'd consider upgrading to Logic 9 as well, but that's just IMO.

Cheers.

Last edited:
As has been said:

Camelphat
PSP bundle

And check out Alchemy too, really solid synth.

Back
Top Bottom