Please

Don't think it is spam... Think he just spelt Myspace wrong, change the 'S' and the 'P' round and you'll get the correct site.

Had a listen to the Super Smash Bros song. Liking the rhythm on it, definitly some good producing going on there, all I'd say is the drums need to be bought forward a bit more in the mix.

That's o.k.. I thought it was a fake account because of how new you were too. Sometimes you get fake accounts with spam type rubbish. It's funny cuz that actually took me to a website! LOL Gonna check your biz right now....

Sorry filtersweeper, it was a typo in the link.
mini_molko, do you mean increase the drums volume?

I guess so, I'm still a newbie to the whole producing malarky and your productions skills are blatantly far superior to mine, so I'm probably not the best person to be giving advice, but compared to the rest of the track, the drums sound a little quieter... Only a tiny bit though, although, saying that, the kick drum seems prominent enough.

Sorry, that probably didn't help, just ignore me! :coffee:

Only a tiny bit though, although, saying that, the kick drum seems prominent enough.

Sorry, that probably didn't help, just ignore me! :coffee:
IWILLNOTIGNORE O__O

There are many many layers to the drums, so... snare? hihat?
Specify please.

Fratanize, i'll hold you to that mate :P.
Thanks for all the comments so far everyone, very positive though, I need to know whats wrong with my tracks in order to improve!
SHARE YUR WISDOMS PLZ. :D

Hmmm, the snare I guess... Have you layered over any sampled breaks, just to fill out the frequencies?

... yeh sure....

No I havn't please explain?
Fill out frequencies?
I know what frequencies are but... not quite understanding what you mean...

... yeh sure....

No I havn't please explain?
Fill out frequencies?
I know what frequencies are but... not quite understanding what you mean...

Well, I find if you layer over a couple of break samples with your drumbeat, it fills out the frequencies not being used and it gives it a fuller sound, put it low in the mix 'cause you don't want it dominating your drumbeat and try and eq it so it's mainly just the higher frequencies coming through, otherwise the low end tends to clash with your kick. I find that works, but everyone has their own method of producing, so it might not work for you.

Check these videos out, they helped me out a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMC57ldgE4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crp6eGfdOtQ

Back
Top Bottom