Please, someone explain....

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Mr Fletch, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

What all this SOPA/PIPA bollox is please?

I'm not clued up on the world goings on, and havnt really taken any notice of anything, but all I'm seeing everywhere is SOPA /PIPA stuff, and sites apparently going offline?

So, in plain text, without a load of jargon, can someone get me up to speed?

2. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Basically they are bills drafted to allow any copyright holder take a website to court they deem to be infringing their copyright or hosting their material. But its such a shitly written bill that say if you recorded a youtube clip of yourself playing CoD4, Activision could have youtube shut down.

3. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

the american government supposedly want to "stop online piracy", which is bullshit...they want the money of big corporations.
    Basically, the SOPA and PIPA bills will give the american goverment the power to shut down any site with the slightest hint of piracy.

4. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

the government would also be able to force websites like Google to remove any website supporting/hosting pirated material from their search index, and block non-US websites.

5. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

america...land of the free, as long as you do as you're told and keep your mouth shut.

yogi23 likes this.