Please share opinions/advice on my mix

AlienWeapon

Hey guys, here's a track i have had in progress for a while, and i have got to a stage with the mix where i think its ok and im relatively happy with it. What i want is an extra pair of ears to hear it so i know there is nothing majorly wrong before i attempt mastering it, bare in my i've done most the mixing on a pair of fairly budget headfones. So basically if you can hear anything clashing or whatever let me know. I'm not asking for your critique of the song, just the mix and please if you do have any criticism please offer me a constructive solution or direction in which i can fix it if possible. Thanks
https://soundcloud.com/8-bitheroes/the-mix-so-far/s-Z7vAc

Tunes sounds dope. maybe bring out the mids a tad in that nasty,morphing, modulated mainline bass.also, the vocal sample sounds a bit hidden behind the bass.crisp up those bongos or congas as well as they could have a bit more punch. other than that it sounds like an absolute monster. i like this a lot.

Sounds pretty cool, I like the break you're using in it. I'd agree with Phobic about bringing out the mids in that bassline and about the bongos, didn't really notice them until the second listen. I'd also add some more to that comes in at 2.02

I have just started increasing the mids, it is difficult to do it without it sounding artificial though. But yeh very helpful critique, upped the bongos punch with a bit of compression. I may post again when i have made some ammendments.

Back
Top Bottom