-->PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING YOUR MIX<--

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by RocksteadyUK, Jun 3, 2008.

1. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

If you are about to post a mix on the forum please read this.

DO NOT post any mix's if there are any illegally obtained tunes within your mix. Whether you have recorded them from youtube, been sent them by a mate or you have downloaded them from Limewire etc. Your mix will not be welcomed here.

dnbforum.com and its members do not appreciate stolen music.

Support the music you play.

2. Da'DGee

Da'DGee Scousebuster

3. robhicks1

robhicks1 Nuts about Zoo

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:
    ^
    | All that can be said!!!

4. dj idler

dj idler Wibble Wobble

5. safety

safety double safety

who died and made you moderator?

6. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

7. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

hahaha @ safety

8. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

hahahaha....

Pissed off with the whole "you need to stop posting mixs with illegal tunes" bulls**t.

Too many people think its ok to do so.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  9. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

I agree with Safety though agreeing with R about the content. This sort of stuff should be posted by mods/admins.

10. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

ohh ffs, you bunch of babys

he had a good idea...i stuck it

atleast someone contributes ideas on here...dont hate for that

11. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh well... it wasnt. I thought it needed to be done so i done it.
    If someone wants to delete this thread and re-post it then fair enough. Either way.... it needed to be done.

If the admins thought it shouldnt be here then it wouldnt have been stickied and i would have deleted it.

Anyway..... fact is....... we dont want illegal tunes posted in mixs. Its not fair on anyone who is involved with the tracks that some people are stealing.

So lets not deviate away from what the post is actually about.

12. safety

safety double safety

is it not about beards anymore

13. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

I THINK POSTING MIXES SHOULD BE ILLEGAL, JUST BECAUSE THE TRACKS ARE MIXED BY YOU, DOESN'T MEAN YOU'RE NOT PIRATING PEOPLES COPYRIGHTED MUSIC OUT FOR FREE.

THIEVES!

14. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

hahahaha!

15. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

...straight out my mouth

16. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

actually doing it for free is the only thing u can do, it's more illegal to charge ppl for a mix
    and if u wanna get technical the law states its illegal to copy music from cd onto ur computer

17. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

if you actually want to get more technical it actually states that any public broadcast is illegal and against copyright. Unless authorised..... so.... im afraid we're all out of the job!

18. dj idler

dj idler Wibble Wobble

lol getin silly now

19. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

yo rock...ima repost this and lock it...then i will move this childs play to waffle

20. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

:lol_board :evil::lol_board

@ rocksteadyuk , nice point but your fighting a jokerball fight (dont take this the wrong way)

this whole dub thing with in this format of music has always been a joke , think about it , if your a producer and your sitting on what could be a biggy , lets take tc - drink .. as an exsample .

he plays it out , reaction positive , hands copies out with dj so in so name all over it ... thats all , now ... that toon is getting played , n , played , mix tapes , radio blah blah , desire for that record is strong ... a few people may or may not attempt a cut n paste job from packs/radio just so they can play it , feel they have something before the main stream , get alittle respect not from there peers but people they know etc etc its all image ... i got that 1st , not on white but DUB ... doesnt make anyone better just makes people THINK there on par with the major named djs.. so how do they get leeked , we have all heard of SOUR / XTC if the community of money moakers with in dnb seriously wanted to stop the major uploaders of 12"s then they would tarrget them,.... i have to say a dj no name playing a dub that we all know did get sent to him in one way i see why they do it , but hay its a WRONG type mix online but that is also helping promote that record even though the quality of the track is poorier and alot of the time isnt the finished mix of the retail , sometimes yes and sometimes not ...

Alot of fans , industry types , all complain about it but do nothing about it ,... i dont join into the whole i need to have something as a 12" or mp3 320 .. but i like mixes , ... inwhich in alot of ways has killed the industry but yet with the use of the net has made the scene / culture of dnb found in every country .. the bigger picture is this , it happens , and if your a music producer if you think just ive made a toon and im gunna hand it out then sorry but your an idiot, you can see exsperiance with your own eyes what goes on so tighten your game up and praps you wont get shafted so much via the net ,..

we are lucky in the uk as hay ... think about it , if u wanted and you travelled the uk u could go see major djs every night of the week , some people in this world dont get that chance once a yr
    ,we take that for granted , ... now ... dnb was we know has gone worldwide , you cant seriously make a living unless doing commercil stuff just on record sales , so you have to play your music , hence these producers are now because of the web are getting booked paid bloody well for doing slots around the world
    .. thats where they make there money ,... if piratcy hadnt of happened via the web then sheez sorry but this type of music would never really left the uk ... its not like hip hop was where it has a culture and mtv jumped on it ... so the process would of been so slow to get this far ...

i dont condone people downloading the 12"s or dubs of stuff but i understand it happens , each to there own but topics like this wont ever stop me clicking links to illegal mixes which in my eyes are just as damaging ......

o well

goodluck with your quest in stopping people , if u stop 1 then hay your thread has served a purpose , props (y)