Please I need some feedback...

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by KreptiK, May 17, 2016.

1. KreptiK

KreptiK New Member

Hi guys! Here's my latest production:

I've worked really hard on this track, it's the eighth song i made since I started to produce drum and bass, and I thought it has turned out pretty well...especially compared to my previous tracks.
    So I decided to send it out to some labels, but the only answer i got was negative...

I'd like to hear what you guys think about this song, if there's some things you don't like and what can I improve...
    Any comments or criticism are much appreciated!

Cheers

Derelicts Of Tomorrow likes this.
  2. Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Derelicts Of Tomorrow Breaksmith

the bass is pretty sick as are the melodic elements. I feel as if the drums are way too thin though.

KreptiK likes this.
  3. Edward Hall

Edward Hall Jesus Saves

pitch shift it from d flat to c sharp then increase the tempo by 13.132

4. Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Huh?

5. Edward Hall

Edward Hall Jesus Saves

Perhaps you Americans aren't aware of British sound software technologies try this:

http://www.audacityteam.org/

6. Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Why would he wanna
    "pitch shift it from d flat to c sharp then increase the tempo by 13.132" ??? What's your issue with the tempo? Dude isn't stupid, he put the tempo where he wants it, not where you think it should be. Why on earth would you suggest pitch shifting an entire song? And to top it off, changing from d flat to c sharp isn't pitch shifting either. Pitch shifting is a sound recording technique in which the original pitch of a sound is raised or lowered. Effects units that raise or lower pitch by a pre-designated musical interval (transposition) are called "pitch shifters" or "pitch benders". What you are suggesting is merely changing the key of the song, not the pitch...

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  7. Edward Hall

Edward Hall Jesus Saves

I don't appreciate that greasy American tone of yours and the fact you stole Arnold Schwarzenegger I mean what is he going to be your president after Ronald Regan I suppose any media whore is welcome in the white house. Christ you people are arse holes.

8. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

what are you two girls bickering about

get naked n kiss

9. Derelicts Of Tomorrow

yes you are right my bad. I was just pissed cuz dude doesn't know me and just joined and was being insulting to me but whatever i'm over it :rasta:

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  10. Edward Hall

Edward Hall Jesus Saves

11. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

Intro is cool, as Derelicts said, the drums need more punch, especially the snare. Than the overall track will sound a lot better! Because it has potential, the flow of the bass is good

12. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Can't really add more than the previous comments. Intro is really good but the drop at 1:07 doesn't quite deliver in terms of energy or sound quality. To my ears the raspy bass sound at 1:06 (which is great by the way) is much clearer and richer than those at 1:08 when its rolling wth the drums. Drums are a little muted and seem to be placed a little in the background, maybe swamped a little by the bassline. You seem to know what your doing production wise but for me a bit of subtle eqing and maybe some side chaining/ducking of the deeper basslines might help the drums punch through a bit more.

Can appreciate the amount of work that must have gone into this with all the variations, drums fills and bass manipulations. Really nice work overall.

13. Dilemma

Dilemma Member

14. KreptiK

KreptiK New Member

Thank you guys for all the feedback!!

I'll try some stuff on the drums to make it more punchy...maybe change my snare sample...
    I definitively need some more work on the drum bus...

@Rounder RG that bass (the one at 1:08) drives me nuts! I liked it when I made it...but I had some trouble when I had to make it work with the other stuff...now I don't even know if I wanna keep it or If I wanna change it with something else...

By the way thank you again for all the comments!

15. Derelicts Of Tomorrow

i said NICE ONE BRUVA!!!

16. Rebbo

Rebbo New Member

I think you chose every element of the track really carefully, maybe too carefully. Although there is a lot of variation, comparing this to Noisia f.e. there is not enough interaction between the sounds. Feel free to let your instruments speak to each other (I also have a problem with that as it is the hardest thing to do). Good work though, i really like it. Your track is in my ears as it should be, just take it a step further next time.