ive had it for about 3 years now.
wen i mix with jus the two channels
every time i put the fader all the way to the left i can still
hear the tune in channel two

ive been told to spray right gaurd in it
but as u could understand i dont fancy spraying something in my mixer

any suggestions?

thanks

Yeah basically your fader is dirty as fook. Open up the mixer, get the fader out and give it a good clean. Best way if with pressurised air from a compressor, that will get rid of most of the dust inside.

If this fails try and source a replacement, shouldnt be that much for you mixer :)

Yeah it will happen to most mixers in the end. Possible solutions:

1) Like Russla said, take it out and clean the dust off, get yourself a can of air and regularly spray all nooks and crannies of your mixer (and decks). A good maintainence schedule will improve the life span of your mixer.

2) Re-solder the connections if the wiring appears lose.

3) Get a new cross fader.

4) If the problem is that then the fader is all the way to the left and right and then wrong channel comes in loud then put little cut down bits of match sticks in left and right sides so the fader never goes all the way across.

5) Get in the habit of cutting the upfader (volume) on the out going track, however this may require to hands to do a one hand job (or an awkwark hand movement!).

6)Fix the cross fader in the middle and use the upfaders instead. Some people do this any way and it's a good skill to learn, makes your mixing more versatile.

do not, i repeat NOT, spray right guard in there. for those of you that dont know you can get something called "SWITCH CLEANER" ... it's for exactly that, cleaning switches. get some, hey presto. :D

do not, i repeat NOT, spray right guard in there. for those of you that dont know you can get something called "SWITCH CLEANER" ... it's for exactly that, cleaning switches. get some, hey presto. :D

This. Silicon contact spray is what you need.

Iv got this going on but in my headphone cue xfader, if i put it all the way across it crackles the other tune, a few mm back and all is fine.

Yeah you just want any electrical cleaning spray, or compressed air. I wouldnt use air direct from a compressor due to the moisture, but you can get air in a can, or get some electrical cleaner.

I would recomend mixing on the upfaders though. Ive recently moved onto 3 decks, so im trying to get into the habit of using the ups. feels like you have much more control over the mix.

Back
Top Bottom