PLEASE HELP!

FutureFluid

Ok so, i've been playing around with fruity loops for like a month now, and i've sort of hit a production wall.

This is an example of what i can make at the moment, but i really REALLY need some help.

What can i add to this example? I am just clueless as to what else i can add to it apart from switching up the drums a bit?

I had an attempt at EQ'ing the drums. i think it went a bit wrong.

ALSO: there is no sub bass in the clip, i haven't added it in yet but am aware how to do so.

i have FL Studio 9, NI Massive, and NI FM8.

Tldr; Listen and tell me what to improve :)

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

http://soundcloud.com/futurefluid/dnb-forum-preview

well maybe a bassline, vocal sample n some fx

think of what u wanna do (melody wise) then try n put it down

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

try and copy other peoples tunes at first so u get to understand what its all about

how do i go about putting in some FX? Any good tutorials? I know how to make a 3xOsc sweep that pitch bends up or down using an automation clip, thats about all my knowledge for FX.

Thanks for the reply anyway :D

Hey man,

to me music is an art, just like painting a picture. Over time you will get better at painting pictures and learn new skills to make your pictures look better. But you can only get better at painting pictures by practicing and trying out new things!

So, what I am saying is just go with the flow man and do what you can to the best of your ability! :) Over time you will learn new techniques to improve your tracks but for now just maybe click a few buttons and see what happens :lol:

If you do want that little bit more direction though basically follow mrsfx's advice :) Get yourself some more parts, add different sections, etc.

Hope I may have gave you a bit of help :)

'if u dont understand it, ur not ready to know yet'

I've not heard that one before but thats some pretty good advice :)

Also Future I spotted your post just above mine. A good way to get some FX in using FX samples. DAWs are absolutley loaded with different tools, effects and VSTs and the internet gives you access to a whole lot more. Take a sample (say a rise) and just play around with different things to make it sound a little bit different :)

i understand that i should get an FX and play around with it, but what should i use to play around with it? I really am clueless as to what to actually do with an FX sample to make it fit into a track.

Thanks again for your help :)

Well, you could use anything!

Lets say you had a nice rise sound for example.

You could make some subtle changes to just give it a bit more. Reverb is a good one.

Or if you wanted to go for something really grimey you could distort it and maybe pitch shift it down to make it sound angrier. It all depends on what you want to do with it :)

These are basic examples of course! I have very little with experience with Fruity Loops I'm afraid so I'm unsure of what effects are available to you.

I don't want to try and confuse you but there is also a technique called resampling. I'm not amazingly knowledgable on the whole subject and if you want more info I'm sure someone who knows more would be happy to help.

Resampling though is when you take a sample. In this case lets say its a vocal sample of a female voice singing "yeah". You could then add say a pitch shift and distortion to turn it into something slightly more interesting. You would then "bounce this down" to audio and could then apply more effects to your new "yeah" sample. Hopefully that made a bit of sense but if not don't worry about it for now!

Its all about trying stuff out! So if you see an effect you like the sound of, or a dial that looks cool to turn. Try it out! :)

all my experience is with trail and error. i've not been lucky enough to be involved with a dnb producing circle so im pretty much self taught and then i discovered youtube tutorials lol

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

oh fx wise.... not too sure how floops works but load a sample up like a whoosh, riser, down sweep, explode etc and add things like bit crush, distortion, phaser, gates, flange, reverb etc etc and just mess round. reversing and re-arranging segments of the sample is good to fuck with.

theres no rules bro

Back
Top Bottom