please help reverse engineer this bass

cohma101

Its the low/mid bass that pitches up (it comes in at 0:27, 0:30 and 0:33) . it sounds detuned, saturated and over compressed (odly enough) any ideas????? Id post it in the Bass section, but I don't really get replies there.

Last edited by a moderator:
If i am actually hearing what your talking about, it actually sounds like characterful mid bass thats been filtered by a very resonant modulated band/lowpass, which is being driven and distorted a lot. Not sure if thats what you're talking about though.

Thats what I'm talking about. Theres a longer sample at 0:44 and 1:09. I played around last night, but Its driving me crazy. . . . .It sounds like a frequency I'd cut out. But here its tamed and boosted.

I can get the modulation and all that. But the start of the sound. . . .The first stage of it.

Thats what I'm talking about. Theres a longer sample at 0:44 and 1:09. I played around last night, but Its driving me crazy. . . . .It sounds like a frequency I'd cut out. But here its tamed and boosted.

I can get the modulation and all that. But the start of the sound. . . .The first stage of it.

I made a patch that is very similiar to that in massive. Start of with some detuned -/+10 saws, with reasonable phase modulation on one of them. Then route them through a lowpass with about 90% resonance. Modulate the LFO between 0 and 35% on the cutoff knob, and maybe chuck the LFO on the amp, for a differently behaving sound. After that, distort its tits off with, a parabolic shaper, hardclip, feedback, and tube (+ an FX chain). Then EQ to taste.

A lot of this is rough, as i made the patch ages ago and have forgotten the specifics, and i wont tell you exactly how i did it, cause that would take the fun out of learning ;).
Change parameters and inserts/feedback around and you might get a better result. Oh, and change the wavetables if the bass isnt quite sounding right, although it wont make much of a difference.

Back
Top Bottom