Please help! Massive/Cubase doin my head in!!

mufc66

I'm a rockstaaaaaaaaaaaar
Hey everyone.. Im new here and ive recently discovered the joys of massive.. Ive been trying to use it with cubase but i can't get it to work.. I dont have a midi keyboard so ive been using a virtual midi keyboard.. This worked fine when using massive alone, but when i open up massive through cubase I can't get it to work..
The whole thing is fuckin drivin me nuts..
Could someone explain an easy way of gettin the filthy basslines im making in massive into a sequence on cubase?
Would it be easier to go down the Fruity Loops road?
Im fairly new to the whole production thing so any help would be hugely appreciated.. Ive scanned through a whole load of tutorials but cant find anythin really decent..
Thanks in advance
laters

you know... choose a midi channel in massive, make a midi track in cubase, set the midi channel to the one you set in massive, set the channel output to massive, make an event in the track and wobble :beers:

sorry if im bein dumb here but how do i set the channel output to massive and make an event in the track?
Having difficulty thinking right now but i think im gettin there..
Thanks for the responses!

you might want to read a cubase tutorial some time mate! (check the sticky cubase starters thread in this forum for instance). your midi track in the inspector (left of the project window, just select the track) is where you set the midi out to massive and specify the midi channel. then you use the draw tool to draw an event next to the midi track in the project window.

Yeah, usign cubase is no easy feat, you really can't expect to turn it on and start making tunes. Most DAWs are pretty complicated programs and require a lot of effort to master.

Youtube has an excellent selection of tutorials to check out.

Yeah, usign cubase is no easy feat, you really can't expect to turn it on and start making tunes. Most DAWs are pretty complicated programs and require a lot of effort to master.

Youtube has an excellent selection of tutorials to check out.
absolutely! when in doubt...check youtube, someone somewhere always makes a tutotial for things like this, but the dudes above have explained perfectly whats needed - basically play it as a VSt instrument through a midi channel.

i would highly recommed getting a midi keyboard, dont have to be all singing all dancing - it changed the way i make stuff instantly

you mean how do you set up massive in cubase?

Simple Terms.....

open up massive in the vst connections

Crate a midi channel

assign the output of the midi to massive

Draw an event

click on the event in midi channel you have made to open up the piano roll

enjoy

I love cubase it works well and i work well with it, i suppose its a personal preference.

As for crating the basslines you have to do that on your own

Last edited:
Hey everyone.. Im new here and ive recently discovered the joys of massive.. Ive been trying to use it with cubase but i can't get it to work.. I dont have a midi keyboard so ive been using a virtual midi keyboard.. This worked fine when using massive alone, but when i open up massive through cubase I can't get it to work..
The whole thing is fuckin drivin me nuts..
Could someone explain an easy way of gettin the filthy basslines im making in massive into a sequence on cubase?
Would it be easier to go down the Fruity Loops road?
Im fairly new to the whole production thing so any help would be hugely appreciated.. Ive scanned through a whole load of tutorials but cant find anythin really decent..
Thanks in advance
laters

i've been thinking of buying Massive myself, ive had a flex on the demo version and its pretty slick - can it be used as a stand-alone synth whereby you can simply record a WAV straight out of the software, or do you actually need to host it in something to record the sounds?

i spose you could always just record yourself using audicity if you wanna create stand alone samples eh?

i spose you could always just record yourself using audicity if you wanna create stand alone samples eh?

I think that would be the best way if your using it stand alone.
As far as I know it has no internal ability to record to wav.

Best thing really is to fire it up in a DAW. Then you can do whatever you like to it.

I think that would be the best way if your using it stand alone.
As far as I know it has no internal ability to record to wav.

Best thing really is to fire it up in a DAW. Then you can do whatever you like to it.

yeah true, i was just wondering if worked a bit like the pentagon synth where you can do this, but sure it would be much better to fire it up in my sequencer - bet that eats some RAM eh!! im running 2gb of RAM, wonder if that could be enough?

one way round it could be to record in the daw then export it as a WAV then bring it back in on an audio track as a regular WAV sample........only if it eats all my CPU power of course,

im well tempted to purchase it. anyone had a go on those 'Rob Papen' synths???? they look ok and not too much £££ either

2Gb's of Ram is fine for mucking about with massive.

As you build a track up if you find your getting clipping or generally running slow then yea as you say... bouncing down to audio is the best way to go.

As for Rob Papen, I haven't really tried there synths, but they do great effects plugins.

I would have thought there would be demo's knocking about somewhere.

im having a similar issue.

I downloaded many different DAW's and tried many different programs in the same way. I was happy with Cubase,massive and battery. After downloading (torrents) all of these I installed cubase 5, Massive 1.1.5 and battery 3. Everything worked beautifully. So I purchased Cubase 6,Massive 1.1.5 and Battery 3, reformatted my computer, Installed these programs, Opened up Cubase and went to load Massive and Battery as VST instruments but all I can see are the VST's that come with Cubase. I've tried 100 different things but nothing seems to work and Youtube doesnt have any videos about this issue. My computer runs like a dream though. Please Help I feel like I've just wasted $1000

Back
Top Bottom