Please check my tune and give me sub bass advice?

PeriodicDisturbance

Working on this one recently. Among other issues, one flaw is that I have not really learned how to do a great sub bass line yet, which is astonishing since i have been trying to make dnb for a couple years now, and one would think that sub bass would be figured out in the first few months of learning... I know what to do in terms of how to make the wave, interested more in workflow - how do you guys do this? should i just play my whole track back as i improvise the subass line on keyboard and record this while doing it then go back and edit? or do it in a loop fashion - just seems more complex to do for me this way when im not making the melodic or more musical tracks, such as the one i have linked here. thanks for listening.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_wIV9EDDlx4V0p2NXhiU053V2c

you should raise the volume of your sub and distord to give more emphasis but beware if you overcook it it will lost if fundamental

Ok thank you for the tip there. I usually tend to make subbass and not distort much at all basically leave in mono dry but with hopefully some bending pitch or other modulation that is automated. maybe people can reccoend me a good plug in or way to do with what you speak of above. also when i have simply turned it up in past like you say i run into mud issues and drowning out other shit issues. im actually not exactly sure i do have a sub bass line running through this track, only in a few of the loops do i hear a sub bass liine

no i don't hear a subline and that's the problem you should layer some kind of triangle around G2 (52hz) to give heavyness to your track then you distort it then you lowpass to avoid mud

do you have limiter on ur master channel? there is too much transient and i think it doestent reach 0db.

tuor, do you mean that my individual sounds in the track have too much attack, should i use a transient shaper on the mid bass sounds, or are you referring to my master channnel, i use a mastering comperssor tdk kofelnikov basically set to a pretty dry setting maybe i should take it off and rebounce track are my sounds not individually loud enough or is this that the kick drum is to punchy too much attack on the waves of the kick drum? thank you for the feedback also, this is very helpful actually and feel free to elaborate please.

most ppl, when starts making a tune with a blank project 1st think they do is put a limmiter into master channel for many reasons.
1. safety - sometimes synth can go wrong and product sound with +3000 db. without limiter u can blow off ur speakers
2. 0 db - every track must play at 0db!!!!! u cant make track with -2 db, or u can, but nobody do that.
3. track loudness - with makeup gain u set the loudness of the track. i use usually +5 db, but some ppl use +16db. and its much easier make loud track from the start, cuz when u make quiet track and then u try make it loud, usually u will need to start make a new mixdown.

this is not about ur sound. my reaction when i hear this was like: WTF, there is missing limiter. maybe he upload wrong file. cuz when u sending track into mastering, u usually put all the plugins from master channel out and make the master like -4, -6 db.

for the longest time i just said fuck it to a limiter, i guess that is maybe really stupid thing to do. thanks for the advice, i put limiter on my practice tracks last nite and today, uploaded one just now maybe it sounds more like it should hopefully. thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom