Playing self mastered tunes

Phat_Sam

VIP Junglist
EZ fellas

i was once told/read some stuff about mastering a tune and playing it out live either on radio or at a club and how sometimes the compressors used by clubs and radio stations can fuck up the compressors/limiters in your track and sound really bad. I wasnt entirely sure i understood why this happened or in fact beleived it happened, yet its still made me pretty warey about playing out my track incase something botches up and i end up looking a tit.

am i being totally unneccesarily paranoid or is there actually a chance this could happen?

also... if i am going to play anything i produce out to a crowd, will i just have to trust my spectrum analyser and hope there are no rogue frequencies that my very old and battered speakers arent showing me?

thanks in advance

You're being paranoid and part of the process of playing tracks out is to try and identify those 'rouge frequencies' where possible of course....

Yeah you can pretty much wing it too. If it has too much bass you can drop the bass from the mixer can you not? Also if something fucks up you can always decline your affiliation with that tune :D

HAHA.

yeah my mate did that once when a song he played had too much high end and everyone got ear ache.

Back
Top Bottom