playing out

Tone1304

Basically my sisters boyfriend has heard a bit of my mixing and wants me to play for his birthday next year, I've never performed out so was just wondering what it was like for your guys first time, also im not too good at mixing on the fly yet is that really needed for a house party?

Id say try get yourself on an internet radio/pirate to get used to the 'live' mixing. You will be fine though just enjoy it

Id say try get yourself on an internet radio/pirate to get used to the 'live' mixing. You will be fine though just enjoy it

this

i haven't played out yet really, other than a few small parties and then it doesn't really matter too much if you fuck up.

but, when i go live on mixlr, i usually rack up about 20 viewers, and it's good practice under pressure.

Mixing on internet radio quickly improved my timing and tune selection. Playing b2b also helps. Getting myself a new setup soon so hopefully back on the radio and regular mix flex soon!

i can only advise on my own experience, but playing live, in a crowd, whether its radio, internet, small parties or in clubs, everything you've done in the bedroom goes out the window, its why i love it so much, in my room im self conscious, practical and confined by my own critical and analytical mind, when im out the energy just complete takes over me and i think of nothing, as if almost instinct... but i say it is say when you free yourself complete, your soul/ spirit/ 6th sense takes over, and as your in touch completely with the inner you it drives you for a change, hey but then again im a bare spiritual person, and i guess most musicians are cos you kinda have to be in a way... not really advice but experience can go along way

Playing b2b also helps.

this.

Always played b2b first before I ventured out on my own.
Not only does it take the pressure off you every 3 tunes or so, you can work out what you want to play next without getting rushed or flustered...

Seriously though, enjoy it. My first time playing out I sweated a good couple of litres just in nerves! Never ever had the same attitude playing out now. I go out and enjoy every single second.

Basically my sisters boyfriend has heard a bit of my mixing and wants me to play for his birthday next year, I've never performed out so was just wondering what it was like for your guys first time, also im not too good at mixing on the fly yet is that really needed for a house party?

for a house party you do really need to play to the 'crowd' but deffo just start off with some mixes you know well and go from there.

The first time I played out i was shitting myself proper, hands where shaking all over the place, couldnt put the needle on the vinyl but this is all standard. the more and more you do it the easier it gets - Although ive been playing out 5 years and still get nervous now!

Back
Top Bottom