playing out without monitors

ads

whats the best way to overcome this problem? Thats the one thing i dread more than anything

There is no way to overcome this, just have to struggle through. But I can tell you now its a fucking nightmare

Decent set of headphones would help slightly but generally its just a struggle on through like nuera says!

I fucking hate not having monitors.
you gotta use your headphones man i got a pair of hd485s and they are nowhere near loud enough for playing on a big system

decent headphones... start with the tune your bringing in on its own in the cans, then bring in both so you can hear both tunes to finish off... it's not that bad, ive done it a few times!

i did a dj comp few weeks ago at a bar in town. when i got there i asked the guy where the monitor speaker was and his reply was ...."errm, there isnt one, there is a bass bin down there".

joker.

it wasn't too big so i survived.

i did a dj comp few weeks ago at a bar in town. when i got there i asked the guy where the monitor speaker was and his reply was ...."errm, there isnt one, there is a bass bin down there".

joker.

it wasn't too big so i survived.

I had a similar sort of thing at a DJ comp once as well... except they did have monitors but they had blown.

If I wasn't nervous enough! lol

I just mixed through the head phones and it went fine. (I won the first round but went out in the second, I was playing Garage and they blatently wanted a house DJ as the final winner.)

Split Cue if the mixer has it!!

You can set 1 headphone to be playing the main mix and one to play the channel your cue'ing. Basically recreating a proper monitor system, mixing with both headphones on

Pioneer DJM mixers do this

I heard D-Bridge uses shure earphones or something.
the in ear ones?
Is it worth getting a pair? I wanna be able to block out most of the noise from the soundsystem ect so i dont have to have my headphones up too loud.

I'd love it if places had split cueing. I tend to use the gain to check things and take it to nothing and bring it up to get the same effect. I've only DJd out a few times at open decks/comp

Back
Top Bottom