Playing out for the first time tonight

Matt_47

VIP Junglist
I'm playing out properly for the first time tonight and I'm starting to brick it to be honest!! Mainly worried that the setup is completely different to what i've got at home and so when I come to start playing I won't be able to mix as quickly as i'd like to start with because I'd still be 'learning' how to use the setup. At home I've got a pair of numark tt500s and a numark dm2050 mixer - I think the club has 1210s and a pioneer djm700.

Any advice?

give urself a nice few easy long blends to start with while u get used to the set up and the monitors ( hopefully they are decent )

don't worry about nerves my friend... i get em real bad even though i've done it loads, i even get it before i do internet radio FFS! sometimes get it so bad i have trouble even putting the needle on the record cos i shake so much!

a beer or two for duch courage helps... several beers with whisky shots dropped in for good measure not such a good idea!

give urself a nice few easy long blends to start with while u get used to the set up and the monitors ( hopefully they are decent )

This all over! You have to remember that if you get up there and try and double your first tune, you will definately fuck it up unless you know the set up and are very experienced... Which being your first time you are not.

Just think if people hear you clanging loads it'll turn heads the wrong way. Start very easy, play a tune, beat match the next tune prefectly in your phones and drop after the second break to be sure. Also bring the fader up slowly to check that its in then back out again.

Goood luck.

This! I did this first time i played out, get comfortable with mixer, dex, monitors etc then start brockin out!

You'll be fine mate, have a good one!

:D

so the aftermath... it was a pretty crazy night to be honest. The other djs decided not to play so I ended up playing a 4 hour dnb set which was absolutely knackering! It went pretty well though, had to repeat a few tunes because i didn't think i was gonna play that long but apart from that was good!

man by the end of it i was so dead my beat matching ended up absolutely shocking! There were no monitors in the booth which didn't help either :S

fuck knows man, it was pretty quiet to be honest but i was told i was 'really getting into it' and so people said i should play on.. was good practice though.. Realized I find djing with 1210s much more challenging than on my tt500s at home, the torque on the tt500s is beastly!

i think im going to be doing my first set out soon too and im just wondering if anyone has any tips for me? And i hav a few questions, when playing in a club do you try to not let the tunes drop as much as possible for example when 1 tune is about to drop for the break bring the bass on the tune your bringing in so theres no break or do you just do whatever like in a normal mix, i think that if your in a club you dont really want the tune to break you just want bass all the time, but that mite just be me lol? any other tips like this would be appreciated

i think im going to be doing my first set out soon too and im just wondering if anyone has any tips for me? And i hav a few questions, when playing in a club do you try to not let the tunes drop as much as possible for example when 1 tune is about to drop for the break bring the bass on the tune your bringing in so theres no break or do you just do whatever like in a normal mix, i think that if your in a club you dont really want the tune to break you just want bass all the time, but that mite just be me lol? any other tips like this would be appreciated

On a serious note though when mixin out i used to try and leave the bass, trebles etc as much as pos and mixing wise i would just stick to the style that you are used to

Back
Top Bottom